Diddy Can’t Be Prosecuted For Brutal Attack Against Ex-Girlfriend Cassie, Los Angeles District Attorney Says

Diddy, Cassie
Diddy Can’t Be Prosecuted For Brutal Attack Against Ex-Girlfriend Cassie, Los Angeles District Attorney Says
Media mogul Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs won’t face charges over video footage of him assaulting his former girlfriend Cassie in 2016.
The Los Angeles District Attorney’s office recently shared a statement about the video after it leaked on Friday (May 17), explaining why the hip-hop veteran won’t be prosecuted over the incident.

Diddy
In a post uploaded to its official Instagram account, the D.A.’s office wrote:
“We are aware of the video that has been circulating online allegedly depicting Sean Combs assaulting a young woman in Los Angeles…If the conduct depicted occurred in 2016, unfortunately we would be unable to charge as the conduct would have occurred beyond the timeline where a crime of assault can be prosecuted.”

They added:
“As of today, law enforcement has not presented a case related to the attack depicted in the video against Mr. Combs, but we encourage anyone who has been a victim or witness to a crime to report it to law enforcement or reach out to our office for support from our Bureau of Victims Services.”
The statement came hours after shocking video footage, first released by CNN, showed Diddy, 54, physically attacking his then-girlfriend Cassandra ‘Cassie’ Ventura, 37, in a hotel hallway. The media titan is seen in the video, timestamped March 5th, 2016, kicking, striking, and dragging the model across the floor. If you recall, Cassie first mentioned the incident in the bombshell lawsuit she filed against Diddy last year.

It’s been speculated that the footage was only discovered after Homeland Security raided Diddy’s Los Angeles and Miami homes back in March, though that has not been confirmed by authorities at this time. The ongoing investigation into allegations of sex and drug trafficking against Diddy stem from multiple civil suits he’s currently facing, with the the most high profile coming from producer Rodney ‘Lil Rod’ Jones, who alleges he was sexually abused by Diddy and claims to have witnessed the Bad Boys Records founder carry out a number of crimes during their time working together.
However, there have been no official charges drawn against Diddy in any of the cases at this time.
Meanwhile, Diddy addressed the footage in a video shared via Instagram on Sunday (May 19).
View this post on Instagram
Thoughts? Leave them for us in the comments below!
Previous Article
Next Article
Aaliyah’s Estate Seemingly Backs Move To Cover R. Kelly’s Face On “Age Ain’t Nothing But A Number” Vinyl Reissue
Here For It? Spotify Launching New Tool That Allows Users To Create ‘Responsible’ AI-Generated Covers & Remixes Of Their Favorite Songs From Participating Artists/Songwriters
K. Michelle Seemingly Throws Major Shade At Tamar Braxton, Says She’s Open To A Verzuz Battle Against “The Muppet”
Cardi B Wants Round 2! Eyes Second Tour Leg After Strong Ticket Sales
Tank & Durand Bernarr Take Their ‘Beef To FaceTime & End It w/ Laughs: ‘It’s Never That Serious’
Saweetie Hit w/ $3 Million Lawsuit After Promoter Claims She Took Japan Concert Deposit & Performed Elsewhere
Angelina Jolie & Brad Pit’s Daughter Zahara Jolie Graduates From Spelman College
Funk Legend & “Atomic Dog” Artist George Clinton Sues Universal Music Group Over Alleged Royalty Freeze