[Update] Ex-Michigan Coach Sherrone Moore Takes Plea Deal After Allegedly Entering Ex-Staffer’s Apartment w/ Knife + Felony Home Invasion Charge Dropped
[Update] Ex-Michigan Coach Sherrone Moore Takes Plea Deal After Allegedly Entering Ex-Staffer’s Apartment w/ Knife +
Felony Home Invasion Charge Dropped
Former University of Michigan football coach Sherrone Moore will face misdemeanor sentencing next month after prosecutors agreed to drop the felony charge tied to a dispute with a former staff member.
Moore appeared in Washtenaw County court Friday with his wife, Kelli Moore, where attorneys confirmed a plea agreement had been reached. The deal allows the former coach to plead no contest to two misdemeanor offenses instead of proceeding to a hearing on more serious accusations.
As part of the agreement, Moore will plead no contest to malicious use of a telecommunications device in a domestic relationship and trespassing. Prosecutors dismissed the earlier charges, including felony third-degree home invasion along with misdemeanor allegations of st*lking and unlawful entry.
The case stems from a December 10 incident that occurred the same day Moore was dismissed from his position at the University of Michigan. University officials previously concluded he had engaged in an inappropriate relationship with a staff member, which investigators said lasted around two years.
According to police reports, Moore later went to the woman’s apartment after the relationship ended. The staff member told investigators he entered the residence and at one point picked up a butter knife while thr*atening to harm himself. Moore was arrested later that day and spent two nights in jail before being released on bond.
During the hearing, prosecutors explained that newly reviewed evidence changed how they viewed the case.
“After additional evidence has been presented, we do not believe there is sufficient proof to establish domestic violence,” First Assistant Prosecuting Attorney Kati Rezmierski told the court.
Moore confirmed he understood the legal consequences of a no contest plea, which results in a conviction without admitting guilt.
His attorney, Ellen Michaels, said the outcome supports the defense’s stance.
Moore left the courthouse without commenting. Sentencing is scheduled for April 14. The telecommunications charge carries a potential six-month jail sentence, while the trespassing count carries a maximum penalty of 30 days.

Previous Article
Next Article
Boxer Terence Crawford’s Trainer Shuts Down Comeback Rumors: ‘I Want Him To Be Done’
LeBron James’ First Game With Philadelphia 76ers Will Be Against Defending Champion Knicks
[Update] Memphis Grizzlies Player Brandon Clarke D*ed From Combined Effects Of Her*in & C*caine, Medical Examiner Says
NBA’s Kawhi Leonard Allegedly Had Secret Multimillion-Dollar Sponsorship Deal With Clippers Arena Scoreboard Manufacturer, Report Claims
24-Year-Old Accused Of Scamming Ex-NFL Players Out Of $1 Million Found De@d In Pool, Investigation Underway
Too Much? Dad Of 8 Chad “Ochocinco” Johnson Says He Scoped Women’s Ankles Out Before Having Kids To Ensure Their Children Would Be Elite Athletes In Resurfaced Clip
Coco Jones & Donovan Mitchell’s Wedding Has Jaylen Brown Ready To Find His Person: They Touched Me – It Was Great To See’
Claressa Shields Calls Out Radio Host Mz. Shyneka After Being Asked About Papoose’s Marital Status: You Got All This Lip’