George Floyd’s Convicted Killer Derek Chauvin Enters Guilty Plea To Honor Charge-Dismissing Agreement In Federal Case

Derek Chauvin, George Floyd
George Floyd’s Convicted Killer Derek Chauvin Enters Guilty Plea To Honor Charge-Dismissing Agreement In Federal Case
George Floyd’s killer Derek Chauvin might be changing his tune.
Disgraced ex-Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin appeared in court on Wednesday (Dec. 15) to change his plea in a federal case involving the murder of George Floyd. However, he didn’t make the switch as some sort of sincere gesture. His decision was a part of an agreement between federal prosecutors and Judge Paul A. Magnusson.
Derek–who’s currently serving a state sentence–is facing a federal charge of depriving George Floyd of his civil rights in his 2020 murder. He previously pled “not guilty” to the charge but is now pleading “guilty.”

George Floyd
The Floyd family is on the fence about the news. Their attorney, Ben Crump, released a statement on the update:
“While in many ways today is a victory for the interest of justice, we will never forget its cost. George Floyd was a son, a brother, and a father – a father who, as Gianna Floyd put it, ‘changed the world.'”
He continued:
“We all play a role in keeping his legacy alive. We must all keep marching. We must all keep fighting against injustice. We must do this for George, to ensure that his one life and shocking death will change the future for countless others.”
According to Derek’s agreement, he was ordered to plead guilty to one count of violating George Floyd’s civil rights, along with a count involving a 2017 incident where he used neck restraint on a teenager. He would be released from all other charges associated with those cases.
In addition to the charges being dismissed, he would serve a 25-year sentence, which would be concurrent with his state sentence.
As a result of the agreement, he will never serve as a police officer again and he must share information regarding his financial assets. He will also waive his rights to a trial, and he won’t have many options to appeal.
On May 25, 2020, Derek Chauvin responded to a call about the possible use of a counterfeit $20 bill at a local grocery store. George Floyd was accused of using the bill to purchase a pack of cigarettes. The police officer buried his knee into George’s neck, eventually resulting in his death. The incident was captured on multiple cell phone recordings. In 2021, Derek Chauvin was found guilty on all counts of murder and manslaughter.
What do you think about Derek Chauvin’s plea agreement? Leave us a comment and let us know.
[VIA]
Previous Article
Next Article
Michelle Obama Says Barack Taking Her To See Spike Lee’s ‘Do The Right Thing’ On Opening Night Was ‘Impressive’ + Believes That Datex ‘Sealed The Deal’
Trump-Appointed Judges Strike Down Alabama’s Congressional Map For Intentionally Diluting Power Of Black Voters
Elon Musk Accused Of Election Interference After X Account ‘White Dudes For Harris’ Was Temporarily Deactivated Following Multi-Million Dollar Fundraiser
Trump Says He Never Had The ‘Privilege’ Of Going To Jeffrey Epstein’s Island: ‘In One Of My Very Good Moments, I Turned It Down’
Bill Clinton’s Team Shuts Down Claims Of Affair With Ghislaine Maxwell In New Book: It’s A Total Lie
Marjorie Taylor Greene Insults Fellow Congresswoman Jasmine Crockett’s Appearance During House Committee Meeting, Crockett Fires Back: ‘Bleach Blonde, Bad Built, Butch Body’
Breonna Taylor’s Aunt Arrested During Protest As Cop In Deadly Raid Gets 33 Months
Donald Trump Names Ex-Attorney General Pam Bondi As The United States Attorney General