King Von Would’ve Been Indicted Over 2019 Atlanta Shooting ‘Had He Not Died,’ Says Fulton County District Attorney

King Von
King Von Would’ve Been Indicted Over 2019 Atlanta Shooting ‘Had He Not Died,’ Says Fulton County District Attorney
If King Von wasn’t resting in peace, authorities claim he would’ve been indicted by now.

King Von
Three years ago the late King Von and Lil Durk, 30, were allegedly involved in a shooting that tied them up in some serious legal trouble. Following the incident, Lil Durk faced multiple felony charges, which included aggravated assault, participation in criminal street gang activity, criminal attempt to commit murder, and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. Lil Durk’s legal team alleges he was outside of an Atlanta restaurant when King Von decided to shoot someone in the leg. The victim was rushed to the hospital and the rappers were later faced with the aforementioned charges.

Lil Durk abruptly left his tour back in 2019 when it was reported that he was involved in the alleged attempted murder. However, Manny Arora, Durk’s attorney, denied the allegations, claiming that his client was present during the altercation but he had no part in the violence that took place. As previously reported, Durk’s charges against him were officially dropped this week due to insufficient evidence. In a statement, Manny Arora said:
“Choosing not to [pursue charges] is essentially code for ‘we can’t prove our case.’ Probable cause is an incredibly low standard…it’s not like reasonable doubt at trial.”
The Chicago added:
“It took three years, he was never indicted, and our position has always been while he was present, he didn’t do any of the shooting, and he wasn’t involved in it.”

Lil Durk may have been cleared of the charges he faced but it seems that isn’t the same for all parties involved. Jeff DiSantis, a representative for Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis, released a statement claiming that if King Von, born Dayvon Bennett, was alive he would have been indicted for his involvement in the shooting incident. Jeff DiSantis wrote:
“The office has declined to indict Durk Banks, a.k.a. ‘Lil Durk’ for the February 5, 2019 incident because insufficient evidence exists to prove his guilt beyond reasonable doubt of a trial.”
Jeff DiSantis continued:
“If co-defendant Dayvon Bennett, a.k.a. ‘King Von,’ had not died in 2020, he would have been indicted for this incident. As stated in the motion declining to indict Mr. Banks, the Atlanta Police Department had evidence to establish probable cause to arrest him.”
DiSantis added:
“That standard of proof, however, is considerably lower than ‘beyond a reasonable doubt’ standard of proof required at trial, which the evidence, in this case, does not meet.”

What are your thoughts on knowing that if King Von was alive he would’ve been indicted? Tell us in the comments below.
[VIA]
Previous Article
Next Article
Jennifer Lopez Slammed By Social Media Users After Giving Her Go-To Bodega Order In New York: ‘I’m So Embarrassed For Her’
MC Lyte On How Female Rap Has Changed: Some Things You Hear Now, You Would’ve Never Heard Back Then
Lil Durk Granted June 2 Court Hearing To Review Third Bail Offer Now Raised To $2.7 Million
Megan Thee Stallion Files Trademark Papers For “TRAUMAZINE”, Suspected To Be Name Of Rapper’s Upcoming Sophomore Album
DJ Khaled Celebrates Him & His Family Recovering From COVID-19: God Is The Greatest!
Waka Flocka Claims He Was Jumped By 10 People, Later Suggests It Was A Joke…
Nick Cannon Salutes Eminem After Their Ongoing Feud: His Wordplay Is Crazy!
Megan Thee Stallion Remembers Her Late Mother: “I Feel So Lost Without Her” [VIDEO]