Don Lemon Says He Has ‘No Regrets’ In First Interview Since CNN Firing: ‘Whatever I Did, I Did & I Own”

Don Lemon
Don Lemon Says He Has ‘No Regrets’ In First Interview Since CNN Firing: ‘Whatever I Did, I Did & I Own”
Political analyst Don Lemon seems to be confident and in good spirits.
Shortly after being fired from his lengthy career as a news reporter on CNN, the TV host says there isn’t a thing he would change about his time at the network and lives with “no regrets”.

Don Lemon, 57, reportedly talked about splitting with the network after 17 years during a recent interview, stating:
“It was a surprise but life goes on,”
Adding:
“That’s behind me and we’ll see what happens in the future.”

Being the first to speak publicly, Lemon revealed that his Agent told him he was being terminated, subsequently slamming the network and execs. The TV personality said in a Twitter post he was “stunned” at being fired, and had no warning nor indication he could possibly be losing his primetime position. CNN choosing to “part ways” from one of their most popular and long standing hosts came after a series of events that called Lemon’s character into question.

As we reported earlier this month, a recent expose about the news anchor made damaging allegations against him. Lemons was reportedly accused by several previous colleagues, associates, and subordinates of being “misogynistic” and often behaving “diva like”. The article came just a couple of months after the broadcaster was temporarily taken off air following an insensitive comment that women are “past their prime” after their 30’s.
Remember that time Don Lemon mansplained about when women (a word he won’t define) are in their prime & then blamed Google when it immediately blew up in his face? @donlemon @CNN pic.twitter.com/D86KdOp7Fp
— Hoop (@xhoop) April 24, 2023
CNN disputed the journalists’ claims, reversely stating they offered Lemons a chance to meet with management prior to being let go, but he opted to take the conversation public instead. During his recent, interview Lemons said that despite what went down, he has no “regrets”. He stated:
“I live my life with no regrets…Whatever I did, I did and I own…I don’t look back and I don’t want to change things in the past…So, onward.”
Lemons added that he’s excited for his next chapter, which will follow a well deserved vacation, and hopes to continue doing the work he loves.
[VIA]
Are you eagerly anticipating Don Lemon’s TV return? Tell us in the comments below!
Previous Article
Next Article
Oprah Winfrey Explains Why She Expanded Into Podcasting At 72: ‘I Know How To Talk’
Tracee Ellis Ross Questions If Racism Led To ‘Girlfriends’ Being Overlooked Despite Strong Ratings
Malcolm-Jamal Warner’s Widow Gets $150K GoFundMe Campaign As She Fights Over His Estate In Court
Brandy Sings Theme Song For Netflix’s ‘A Different World’ Reboot
Wendy Williams Documentaries Reportedly In The Works At Peacock & Netflix In Separate Projects
[UPDATE] “Martin” Spinoff “The Varnell Hill Show” Officially Locks In September Release Date
Keke Palmer Set To Host “The Voice: Celebrity” As Carson Daly Steps Back From Star-Focused Extension
Keke Palmer Admits She Only Removes Her Leg Hair Every Six Months: ‘I Might Slap Some Nair On There’