Over the weekend, A-list actors and celebrities took their talents to Los Angeles’ Shrine Auditorium, for the 44th NAACP Image Awards, hosted by funny man, Steve Harvey. theJasmineBrand.com was there firsthand, along with every other celeb, to witness the annual awards show. In addition to photos of everybody and their mama gettin’ glammed up for the special occasion, we’ve summarized the big winners of the evening.
- Kerry Washington was a triple threat. The star of ABC’s “Scandal” picked up a trio of trophies–outstanding actress in a drama series for “Scandal,” supporting actress in a motion picture for “Django Unchained” and the President’s Award, which is given in recognition of special achievement and exceptional public service.
- Don Cheedle was awarded the outstanding actor in a comedy series trophy for his role as a slick management consultant in Showtime’s “House of Lies.”
- A few winners weren’t present at the Shrine Auditorium to pick up their trophies, including Denzel Washington for outstanding actor in a motion picture for “Flight,” Viola Davis for outstanding actress in a motion picture for “Won’t Back Down” and Omar Epps for supporting actor in a drama series for Fox’s “House.”
- LL Cool J, who was honored as outstanding actor in a drama series for CBS’ “NCIS: Los Angeles,” dedicated his trophy to fellow nominee Michael Clarke Duncan, “The Green Mile” and “The Finder” actor who died last year.
- Sidney Poitier presented Harry Belafonte with the Spingarn Award, which honors outstanding achievement by an African American. His honor was followed by a serenade from Wyclef Jean and Common.
- Loretta Devine won supporting actress in a drama series for “Grey’s Anatomy,” Cassi Davis as outstanding actress in a comedy series and Lance Gross as outstanding supporting actor in a comedy series for TBS’ “Tyler Perry’s House of Payne.”