EXCLUSIVE: Chance the Rapper – Lawsuit Accusing Him of Ripping Off Musician Dismissed
EXCLUSIVE: Chance the Rapper – Lawsuit Accusing Him of Ripping Off Musician Dismissed
theJasmineBRAND.com exclusively reports, Chance the Rapper (real name Chancelor Jonathan Bennett) no longer faces a lawsuit accusing him of ripping off a 70’s song without permission. The lawsuit has been dismissed.
Last year, Chance the Rapper was sued by Abdul Wali Muhammed over the song, “Windows”. Muhammed explained he wrote a tack entitled, “Bridge Through Time” back in 1979.
He claimed Chance ripped off parts of his song without permission and used it in his song “Windows”. Muhammed said he reached out to Chance’s rep before filing the lawsuit to let them know of his issue but they responded.
He sued seeking an injunction prohibiting Chance from continuing to profit off his song and unspecified damages.
On May 30, docs were filed revealing Chance and the songwriter reached a settlement to dismiss the entire case. A joint stipulation of dismissal with prejudice was filed and the case was officially closed.
Follow us: @theJasmineBRAND on Twitter | theJasmineBRAND on Facebook| theJasmineBRAND_ on Instagram


Previous Article
Next Article
Young Dolph Says He Was Profiled By 15 Cops: I Hope Your Wives Are Home Sucking A Black Man’s D**k! [VIDEO]
Lorde Accuses Kanye Of Stealing Stage Design
Kanye West Doesn’t Want Harriet Tubman On The $20 Bill, Still Pissed Obama Called Him A Jacka**
BET Honors Red Carpet: Tamar Braxton, Jennifer Hudson, Janelle Monae & More!
Shonda Rhimes Produced Hillary Clinton’s Convention Film [VIDEO]
Joseline Hernandez Shows Off Her Baby Bump, Kelly Rowland & Draya Michele Hit Beauty Con, Michael B. Jordan Goes Topless + T.I., Chris Tucker & Cute Celebrity Kids
Issa Rae’s “Insecure” Renewed For 2nd Season
Kandi Burruss Transforms Into Mama Morton, RHOA’s Eva Marcille & NeNe Leakes Glammed Up + Yara Shahidi’s Twinning W/ Her Gorgeous Mother! [Celebrity Stalking]