John Singleton’s Funeral Scheduled For Monday, Director’s Will Submitted To Court
John Singleton’s Funeral Scheduled For Monday, Director’s Will Submitted To Court
Famed director John Singleton’s family and loved ones will be able to pay their respects in a special celebration of his life Monday. His funeral service will be at South L.A.’s Angelus Funeral Home on Monday morning at 10 a.m. Singleton’s resting place will be Forest Lawn-Hollywood.
His funeral service and burial will be at the same location that late rapper and activist Nipsey Hussle’s had his private funeral. He will also be buried at the same cemetery as Hussle, who passed away on March 31 after being gunned down in front of his South L.A. store, The Marathon.

Nipsey Hussle
While his family prepares for the service, Singleton’s will was also filed in court.
His mother, Sheila Ward, who also served as his business manager, filed the official documents Friday. The family, particularly Ward and Singleton’s daughter Cleopatra, was allegedly in an all-out battle over his estate and his assets, but according to the will Singleton’s oldest child, 26-year-old daughter, Justice Singleton, will get his estate. It’s said to be worth $3.8 million. Interestingly enough, John authored the will back in 1993. At the time, Justice was his only child. When he passed, he had seven children.
Still, all isn’t lost for his remaining six children thanks to California law. As long as they weren’t blatantly excluded from the will, there’s still hope to have part of the estate. They could also fight for the $3.8 million to be divided among them. It’s also possible Singleton has a trust that isn’t included in his will. After all, his complete estate is said to worth $35 million. But if his other six children do have a trust, they won’t be able to benefit from any of the funds mentioned in the will.
Singleton was also said to have personal property worth $2.5 million, and real property a little less than $1.3 million. As for Ward, she now has custody of John’s two children who are under 18. Still, if their mothers have custody, John’s will concerning custody is invalid.
As previously reported, Singleton passed away on April 29, just days after suffering a massive stroke. He remained in a coma before being taken off of life support.
Singleton’s film resume included his first films Boyz In The Hood, Poetic Justice and other classics like Baby Boy, Hustle & Flow and 8 Mile. He also earned Oscar Award nominations for Best Director and Best Screenplay.
Prayers for John Singleton’s family, friends and fans during this difficult time.


Previous Article
Next Article
Chris Rock Jokingly Breaks Down How Eddie Murphy’s Home Studio Cost Him A $30 Million “Shrek” Payday
Actress Pam Grier Reveals Her Orgasms Last ‘Three Whole Days’ At Age 76: ‘You Just Be Prepared’
“Rush Hour 4” Director Reportedly Joining Trump On China Trip To Scout Filming Locations
Comedian & Actor Lil Rel Howery Slams Tony Hincheliffe For ‘Disgusting’ George Floyd Joke At Kevin Hart Roast, Says Audience Should Have Booed Him
Michael B. Jordan Has New Amazon Projects Including ‘Creed’ Spinoff, Muhammad Ali Series & ‘Fourth Wing’
Kevin Hart’s Entertainment Company Hartbeat Reportedly In Full-Blown Crisis Involving Layoffs, Lawsuits & Stalled Projects
Taraji P. Henson Calls Out Celebs Attending Bezos-Backed Met Gala: “WTF Are We Doing?”
Cameron Diaz, 53, & Husband Benji Madden, 47, Reveal They ve Privately Welcomed Third Baby