David Ortiz Wasn’t The Intended Target In Dominican Republic Shooting, Says Prosecutors

David Ortiz
David Ortiz Wasn’t The Intended Target In Dominican Republic Shooting, Says Prosecutors
As more information is discovered about the shooting of ex Boston Red Sox star David Ortiz, the case seems to be more bizarre. It turns out, prosecutors in the case say Ortiz wasn’t the intended target in the shooting that took place earlier this month. The new report comes amid speculation that a drug lord ordered a hit on Ortiz because Ortiz was allegedly sleeping with the man’s wife. While still looks like there was actually a hit ordered, it just wasn’t on Ortiz, according to reports.

David Ortiz
Instead, it was on his friend, Sixto David Fernandez, who was sitting at the same table with Ortiz in the bar where men pulled up on motorcycles and opened fire. The alleged shooter was sent a snapshot of Fernandez, but he and Ortiz were apparently wearing similar outfits that night, so the gunman mixed them up.
Still, prosecutor Jean Alain Rodriguez Sánchez said their investigation will go on just the same.
“The fact that David Ortiz wasn’t the target doesn’t change anything. The law is the same for everybody.”
But here’s where things get even crazier. So, the person who put out the hit is now said to be a man named Victor Hugo Gomez, who is Fernandez’s cousin.

Victor Hugo Gomez
Gomez is nearly fresh out of prison after being convicted in 2011 for several crimes in the Dominican Republic. Investigators are convinced Gomez put out the hit on Fernandez because he thinks his cousin turned him in to investigators back in 2011.
Gomez is reportedly in the U.S. as the DEA is looking for him for suspected connections he has to Mexico’s Gulf Cartel. Gomez along with two other suspects, Luis Alfredo Rivas Clase and Alberto Miguel Rodriguez Mota, are still at large. Mota is reportedly the one who took a picture of Fernandez while he was sitting at the bar with Ortiz, and showed it photo to the gunman, a man named Rolfi Ferreira Cruz, who confessed to being the shooter. Rodriguez Mota is also accused of paying $8,000 for the hit and facing attempted murder charges. As The Jasmine Brand previously reported, another man named Jose Eduardo Ciprián (AKA “Chunky”) also reportedly helped carry out the shooting from jail. He was previously identified as the mastermind.

José Eduardo ‘Chunky’ Ciprián
Meanwhile, a total of 11 people have been arrested in the shooting that initially left Ortiz critically injured.
As for how Ortiz is doing, he was said to be in good condition as of Tuesday. He’s being treated at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston.
What do you think about the latest development? Let us know in the comments.
Previous Article
Next Article
Condolences: Memphis Grizzlies Player Brandon Clarke Passes Away At 29
Chef Milabelle, Woman Who Accused Stefon Diggs Of Assault, Tells Cardi B: “You Know Exactly Who He Really Is”
Stephen Curry Says He Doesn’t Focus On His $240M Net Worth: “That’s Not Something I Worry About”
Vanessa Bryant Once Again Shuts Down Marriage & Pregnancy Rumors
Private Chef Suing NFL Star Stefon Diggs For A$$ault Claims They Had A S3xual, ‘Complicated’ Relationship
[UPDATE] WNBA Star Lexie Brown Says She’s Been Getting De@th Threats & Had To Hire Security After Being Accused Of Being The Other Woman In Megan Thee Stallion & Klay Thompson’s Split, Calls Them Out For Not Clearing Her Name
Five-time NBA All-Star John Wall Becomes Howard University’s President Of Basketball Operations
Simone Biles Says $23,000 Glam Bill Has Her Ready To Quit Red Carpets – “Y’all Can Have It”