Prince’s Cousin Recalls Singer Overdosing Days Before His Death: He Died On The Plane & They Brought Him Back
While it’s been known that Prince suffered an overdose that took his life in 2016, his cousin has opened up about an opioid overdose that occurred just a week before the fatal dosage.
His cousin Charles Smith explains the emergency landing his plane had to take just days before he died. He was flying home from a concert when he stopped breathing.
“He died on the plane. Then, they brought him back.”
Dr. Drew Pinsky says that Prince was given a Narcan treatment to try to undo what many saw as an opioid overdose.
“He was strung out on opiates. He received Narcan because he would stop breathing. That’s why you give somebody Narcan.”
Anesthesiologist Dr. Faye Jamali also confirmed,
“Narcan immediately reverses the effects of the opioid and, basically, wakes you up.”
Prince’s life was saved that day, but he infamously refused to let medics withdraw blood after he was rushed to the hospital for observation.
“Somebody was hiding something. Prince is back to being Prince again and they take him back home. He should’ve never left that hospital.”
Dr. Drew said,
“When they leave treatment prematurely, it’s because they want to get back to the drugs.”
He also suggested things could have turned out differently if Prince’s team stepped in to speak up against what everyone knew was going on.
“He’s flown back to Minneapolis. I’m like, ‘What? Who does that? After you almost die on a plane.”
“Just look at how many chances everybody had, that was in that circle, to say something or do something. He didn’t have a chance.”
Sadly, Prince died just days later from a fentanyl overdose at his home in Paisley Park, Minnesota on April 21, 2016. He was 57-years-old.
What are your thoughts on Prince’s first overdose before his passing? Tell us in the comments.