Donald Trump Sues Twitter To Get His Account Back, Says Ban Violates His 1st Amendment Rights

Donald Trump Sues Twitter To Get His Account Back, Says Ban Violates His 1st Amendment Rights
Donald Trump is moving forward with his plans to get his Twitter account reinstated. As previously reported, the former president filed a class action lawsuit against not only Twitter but Facebook and Google as well.
According to reports, Donald Trump is now seeking a preliminary injunction of Twitter’s ban. Twitter banned the account following the violent Jan. 6th Capitol riots moments after Donald Trump tweeted about storming the Capitol building to his 88 million followers. The events that day left four dead and resulted in 52 arrests.
In front of Olympia state capital, Trump supporters chant “fight for Trump.” pic.twitter.com/rPr1a4bo9n
— Hal Bernton (@hbernton) January 6, 2021
The 75-year-old is claiming that the ban violates the First Amendment and Florida’s new social media law. Trump argued that his Twitter account,
“became an important source of news and information about government affairs and was a digital townhall.”
Twitter initially only banned Trump’s account for 12 hours but changed the ban to two years only two days later. Reportedly, Trump’s complaint against Twitter also cites that the new social media law in Florida prohibits social media companies from
“knowingly deplatforming politicians, and requires the platforms to apply censorship, deplatforming, and shadow banning standards in a consistent manner.”
Governor Ron DeSantis signed the law in May but a federal judge blocked it before it took effect in July and the DeSantis administration is appealing the decision.

Along with his social media accounts being reinstated, Trump wants the court to order punitive damages agains the defendants (Twitter, Facebook, & Google) and show that censorship is unconstitutional. He previously said,
“We’re demanding an end to the shadow-banning, a stop to the silencing and a stop to the blacklisting, banishing and canceling that you know so well. Our case will prove this censorship is unlawful, it’s unconstituional, it’s completely un-American.”
What do you think of Donald Trump’s continued effort to get his Twitter back? Let us know in the comments below.
Previous Article
Next Article
Justice Department Announces $1.7 Billion Fund To Compensate Trump Allies In Deal To Drop IRS Suit
Nicki Minaj Explains Support For Donald Trump, Says “A Lot Of Rappers Don’t Like Jay-Z But Are Afraid To Say It”
Donald Trump Says White House Was A “S—house” Before He Returned To Office
Trump Secret Service Agent Arrested After Creepy Hotel Stalking Incident & Pleasuring Himself Outside Of Victims’ Room
Obama Speaks Out After R*cist Al Video Shared By Trump – “I’d Never Talk About Somebody’s Family That Way”
Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani Breathing On His Own After Being Hospitalized w/ Pneumonia & Placed On A Ventilator, Spokesperson Says
Former Bl*ckface Performer Running For Maryland House Seat – Defends Past As “Misunderstood”
Trump Calls For Mandatory Cognitive Exams For Presidential Candidates, Says It Would Prevent People Like ‘Sleepy Joe Biden’ & Barack Obama From Being Elected