Takeoff – Man Accused Of Killing Rapper Requests Funds to Hire Private Investigator
Update: (Dec. 7, 2022): The man accused of fatally shooting rapper Takeoff is doing what he can in hopes of proving he’s innocent.
According to new reports, Patrick Xavier Clark has asked a judge for money to hire a private investigator. Clark has allegedly requested an initial sum of $5,000 to hire a P.I., claiming without assistance he’s financially unable to cover the costs needed to bring an investigator onto the case.
The legal documents reportedly note that Clark’s family has spent all their money on his attorney, who agreed to work at a reduced rate. Clark says he’s already found a P.I. who is also willing to work for a reduced rate, only charging him $85/hour.
Clark’s attorney argued that it’s necessary to add a private investigator to his defense in order to,
“properly investigate [Clark’s] case and to prepare effectively for trial.”
Original Story: (Dec. 6, 2022): The man who is facing charges for the murder of Takeoff is claiming to be innocent.
33-year-old Patrick Xavier Clark, who was arrested and charged with the murder of Takeoff last week, said he is innocent and did not shoot the rapper.
During a brief court appearance on Monday (Dec. 5), attorney Letitia Quinones said her client is “nervous” and “concerned” because he is
“being charged with something that he believes he’s innocent of, so how would anyone do in that type of circumstance?”
According to reports, Patrick Clark is being held on a $2 million bond and is set to attend a bond reduction hearing on Dec. 14. Police said they determined Clark’s identity through the use of shooting reconstruction and ballistics evidence, as well as cellphone and surveillance footage that “surfaced over time.”