Tory Lanez’s Sentencing Postponed Again As His Attorneys File Motion For New Trial In Megan Thee Stallion Shooting Case

Tory Lanez, Megan Thee Stallion
Tory Lanez’s Sentencing Postponed Again As His Attorneys File Motion For New Trial In Megan Thee Stallion Shooting Case
Tory Lanez’s sentencing date has been postponed once again.
According to reports, rapper/singer Tory Lanez appeared in a Los Angeles courtroom on Monday (April 17) after his attorneys filed a motion for a new trial in the shooting of fellow rapper Megan Thee Stallion.

Tory Lanez, Megan Thee Stallion
As you may recall, the Canadian native is looking at 22 years in prison for shooting the hip-hop star, whose real name is Megan Pete. Reportedly, Tory Lanez, real name Daystar Peterson, was initially set to be sentenced in January, but the sentencing has been delayed several times after he brought on new defense attorneys.
Last month, Tory’s current attorneys, Jose Baez and Matthew Barhoma, filed a motion to have his guilty conviction overturned, claiming he didn’t receive a fair trial.
Reports state that his attorneys argued that certain evidence presented at trial and some statements made by witnesses on the stand were prejudicial to Tory, including an Instagram post and a photo of his gun tattoo. The motion also takes issue with the forensic testing and claims that Tory’s right to counsel of his choice was violated.
While in court on Monday, the musician’s defense team said they plan to file on May 1 a supplemental response to the motion, which has reportedly further delayed his sentencing.
In response, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s office, which is prosecuting this case, reportedly filed a motion on April 6 asking the judge to deny the defense’s request for a new trial. Prosecutors argued the defense’s argument for a new trial “lacks substance.”
Ultimately, the judge set a hearing for May 8, with the expectation that the sentencing will happen within 30 days of that hearing if the motion for a new trial is denied, according to reports.
As we previously reported, Tory, 30, was found guilty of shooting Megan Thee Stallion, 28, in December of last year. The former friends got into a heated altercation back in July 2020, which resulted in the Houston rapper being struck by a bullet in the foot.

The “Say It” singer was found guilty by a jury of three charges — assault with a semiautomatic firearm, vehicle possession of a loaded, unregistered firearm, and discharging a firearm with gross negligence.

Tory Lanez
What are your thoughts on Tory Lanez’s defense team fighting for a new trial? Share it with us in the comments below!
[VIA]
Previous Article
Next Article
Aaliyah’s Estate Seemingly Backs Move To Cover R. Kelly’s Face On “Age Ain’t Nothing But A Number” Vinyl Reissue
Here For It? Spotify Launching New Tool That Allows Users To Create ‘Responsible’ AI-Generated Covers & Remixes Of Their Favorite Songs From Participating Artists/Songwriters
K. Michelle Seemingly Throws Major Shade At Tamar Braxton, Says She’s Open To A Verzuz Battle Against “The Muppet”
Cardi B Wants Round 2! Eyes Second Tour Leg After Strong Ticket Sales
Tank & Durand Bernarr Take Their ‘Beef To FaceTime & End It w/ Laughs: ‘It’s Never That Serious’
Saweetie Hit w/ $3 Million Lawsuit After Promoter Claims She Took Japan Concert Deposit & Performed Elsewhere
Angelina Jolie & Brad Pit’s Daughter Zahara Jolie Graduates From Spelman College
Funk Legend & “Atomic Dog” Artist George Clinton Sues Universal Music Group Over Alleged Royalty Freeze