Sean Kingston Released From Custody After Struggling To Come Up w/ $100K Bond

Sean Kingston Released From Custody After Struggling To Come Up w/ $100K Bond
Sean Kingston has officially posted bail after spending a short stint behind bars.
Kingston’s lawyers confirmed to TMZ earlier today, April 15, that the singer was finally able to secure his $100K bond and was “in the process of being released.”
The update comes after reports suggested the 35-year-old might be spending quite a bit of time in a cell, as he initially couldn’t come up with the hefty bond required for his release.
View this post on Instagram
As previously reported, Kingston and his mother, Janice Turner, were found guilty of five charges related to wire fraud last month and were subsequently remanded to the Federal Detention Center in Miami. They were accused of scamming businesses out of over $1 million in jewelry, luxury cars, and other high-end goods by using Kingston’s celebrity status as a bargaining tool. The mother-son duo allegedly had no intent to pay off the debts.
After the guilty verdict, a judge ruled that Kingston would be placed on home detention until his sentencing hearing, provided he could post the $100K cash bond. However, when he struggled to do so, Kingston was placed behind bars.
Now that his bond has been posted, Kingston has reportedly been moved back to house arrest with GPS monitoring and was required to surrender his passport.
Thoughts? Tell us in the comments below!
[VIA]
Previous Article
Next Article
Suge Knight Says Diddy Would ‘Walk’ If He ‘Told The Truth’ Amid $ex Trafficking Trial
Ariana Grande Releases Normani/Nicki Minaj Collab for “Charlie’s Angels” Soundtrack
Snoop & Dr. Dre Seemingly Mock Janet Jackson’s 2004 Super Bowl Wardrobe Malfunction Ahead Of Their Halftime Performance: There Won’t Be Any Wardrobe Malfunctions, I Had To Talk Them Out Of Pulling Their P*nises Out
Drake Announces ‘Her Loss’ Collaborative Album w/ 21 Savage, Only 4 Months After ‘Honestly, Nevermind’ Release
Sexyy Red Denies Ex’s ‘Burning’ Claims: ‘Yall Believe Anything On This App’
Update: Tory Lanez Denied Bail Once Again As He Appeals Conviction For Shooting Megan Thee Stallion
Update: Leah Remini Reacts To Being Compared To Beyoncé’s Wax Figure: ‘This 53-Year-Old Perimenopausal Woman Will Take Any And All Comparisons’
Summer Walker Shares She’s Looking For A White, Gay Male Assistant For $2K A Month + Drops Maternity Pics From Second Pregnancy