Mike Richards Out As ‘Jeopardy!’ Host, Amidst “Booth Slut” & “Booth Ho” Comments Resurfacing

Mike Richards Out As ‘Jeopardy!’ Host, Amidst “Booth Slut” & “Booth Ho” Comments Resurfacing
“New Host” for 500 please…
Just weeks after becoming Jeopardy’s official gameshow host, Mike Richards has stepped down amid controversary.
The gameshow went through a trial of guest hosts after the original host, Alex Trebek, tragically passed away from cancer late last year.

Some fans have poured out their support for Reading Rainbow‘s LeVar Burton to become the next big host. He was one of “Jeopardy’s” guest host earlier this summer.

Ironically, it appears that Sony Pictures Television made the wrong decision after choosing Executive Producer, Mike Richards. Although LeVar Burton has not made an official statement, his latest tweet shows that he’s in great spirits.

Some fans were not too pleased with Mike Richards as the new host and believed that his connections with the show led him to the advancement. Days after the announcement, audio clips of Richards making derogatory comments resurfaced the internet.
In his former podcast “The Randum Show”, Richards made some very sexist comments. Alarming comments about the Jewish community were also mentioned in most of the podcast’s airtime. Richards referred to one of his assistants, Beth Triffon, as a “Booth Ho”, “Boothistute” and “Boothslut”. News also broke that Richards faced lawsuits after allegedly harassing TV models on The Price is Right set. The podcast has now been removed but there is one clip still lingering around.
The now father of two says that he is “deeply sorry” and announced his very early departure Friday morning (August 20). Richards team says:
“Sony Pictures Television will now resume the search for a permanent syndicated host,” Richards, 46, revealed in the resignation letter. “In the meantime, we will be bringing back guest hosts to continue production for the new season, details of which will be announced next week.”
Although he will no longer host “Jeopardy!” it appears he will still serve as an executive producer. Sony Pictures is openly supporting his decision.
What are your thoughts about Mike Richards? Should “Jeopardy!” continue to have guest hosts? Be sure to comment and share your thoughts below.
[via]
Previous Article
Next Article
Harvard Agrees To $53 Million Settlement After Former Morgue Manager Stole & Sold Body Parts From Donated Bodies
Family Of Nolan Wells, Mississippi College Student Who Mysteriously Died During 4th Of July Boating Trip, Pens Heartfelt Message On What Would Have Been His 19th Birthday
Florida Police Officer Accused Of Using Flock Cameras To Keep Tabs On His Estranged Wife More Than 700 Times
Jasmine Brand Brings 30 DC-Area Women Together For Intimate ‘CONNECT’ Brunch, Plans Multi-City Expansion
Woman Claims GLP-1 Weight Loss Drugs Caused Her To Lose Her Eyesight, Wants Warning Added To Labels
[Update] Atlanta Sisters Found Safe After Babysitter Allegedly Abducted Them-Mother Believes Woman Had Been ‘Plotting’ To Steal Her Kids
NAACP Joins Legal Team Representing Family Of Nolan Wells
Amber Alert Issued: Atlanta Police Say Babysitter Abducted Two Young Sisters