Update: Nicki Minaj — Police Confirms That Arrest Warrant Has Been Issued For Woman Responsible For Swatting Incident At Rapper’s Home

Nicki Minaj
Update: Nicki Minaj — Police Confirms That Arrest Warrant Has Been Issued For Woman Responsible For Swatting Incident At Rapper’s Home
Update: (Aug. 24, 2023): An individual is now facing legal trouble over a horrible prank against Nicki Minaj.
As previously reported, in June rapper Nicki Minaj was the victim of swatting. For those who may be unaware, swatting is when someone makes a prank call to emergency services in an attempt to have armed police officers dispatched to a specific location.
Reportedly, the so-called prankster lied and said that a minor was being abused at Nicki’s L.A. home. Hours later, authorities received a second call claiming the rapper’s property was on fire. Police were sent to the home for both allegations and of course, discovered nothing was wrong.
It was reported that Nicki had plans to take legal action against the caller and it looks like she’s kept her word. Yesterday (Aug. 24), the mother-of-one revealed the name of the person allegedly responsible for making the calls back in June. She tweeted,
“Stephanie Bell
A warrant is in the system. Great detective work. So grateful.
The DA filed one count for the swatting call and one for the false report to DCFS.To God be the glory.”

Today (Aug. 24), police confirmed that an arrest warrant has been issued and the woman is facing two charges of deliberately reporting a false emergency.
[VIA]
Original story: (Jun. 11, 2023):
A clout-chasing prank call could end up costing someone greatly.
According to reports, rap superstar Nicki Minaj is pursuing legal action after a prank caller sent police to her home due to false claims earlier this month.

Nicki Minaj, Kenneth “Zoo” Petty, Papa Bear
Reportedly, authorities followed up on an anonymous phone call that alleged a child was being abused at the musician’s home. Nicki Minaj, real name Onika Miraj, 40, lives at the L.A. residence with her husband Kenneth Petty, 45, and their two-year-old son called Papa Bear.

Nicki Minaj & son
Police reportedly showed up to the house on a Monday around 6 p.m., quickly concluding there was no evidence to support the allegations. Later that night – into the morning to be precise around 3 a.m., police got another anonymous call claiming that the “Super Freaky Girl” artist’s house was on fire. When officials arrived at the scene, they realized Minaj was the victim of a hoax that has recently been targeting celebrities called “swatting.”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_kaDo7B5q4
Reportedly, the term describes when someone uses a prank call to trigger a huge police response to a certain location. The report notes that police around the country have shared growing concern for the issue, warning that it is a huge waste of police time and resources. Two internet personalities were reportedly victims of the pranking earlier this year.

While police conduct their own investigation, an insider reportedly stated that Minaj plans to take legal action as well. Which could reportedly result in hefty fines for the mysterious caller.
[VIA]
Would you sue for this kind of prank? Let us know in the comments!
Previous Article
Next Article
Sabrina Peterson Alleges T.I. Paid His Security Guard/Artist $25,000 To Kill Her, Says The Man Was Supposed To Push Her Off A Building
Todrick Hall Sued For $60K In Unpaid Rent
Drake Fans Divided Over Alleged Diss Aimed At LeBron James [VIDEO]
Ice Spice Reportedly Invited To Met Gala By Anna Wintour As Vogue Special Guest
Michelle Williams Speaks On Life Goals Outside Of Acting & Music + Opens Up About Identity Struggles Post-Destiny’s Child
Tamar Braxton Shoots Down Accusations She’s Homophobic After Post About Gay Men: I’ve Been A Part Of The LGBT Community Since 4th Grade!
Soulja Boy Asks Fans If He Should Apologize For Harsh Comments Made About Blueface & Chrisean Rock’s Son Amid Online Feud Between Rappers: ‘I Just Feel Like I Did The Sh*T Just To Respond To What They Said’
Kenny Rogers Passes Away At 81, Dolly Parton Says: My Heart Is Broken