Roland Martin Being Released from CNN + Former Voice of Elmo Getting Sued by Pennsylvania Man
It appears that CNN is cleaning house and going another direction. Today, we learned that Roland Martin will be leaving CNN on April 6th. We heard (or read it) from the horse’s mouth on Twitter.
UPDATED: After news hit on his departure, he wrote:
I’m getting a kick out of folks who think I’m retreating to a monastery when my
@cnn deal expires April 6.y voice won’t be silenced, folks. I will continue my daily segment to the 8 million listeners on@TJMShow; will continue@TVOneTV#WashingtonWatch; and my syndicated column
Lots of speculation as to why he’ll be leaving the network, but lots of speculation. Nonetheless, he’s doing pretty well on the TV department, so stay tuned to find out what’s next for the Houston native. And in disturbing news, I bet you almost forgot about THIS story!
The former voice of the “Sesame Street” character Elmo is being sued by a man who claims the entertainer lured him into drug-fueled sex when he was 16. Sheldon Stephens, who’s now 24, says he met Kevin Clash at a networking event. He says he was brought by limousine from Pennsylvania to a New York apartment. There, Clash allegedly smoked crystal meth while giving the teenager another recreational drug. Stephens first made the allegations last year, but recanted after failed efforts to reach a settlement. He renewed the accusations in a lawsuit filed Monday in federal court in Pennsylvania. Clash’s attorney Michael Berger says his client denies any wrongdoing. He says Stephens already admitted he had an adult consensual relationship with Clash. Three other men also are suing Clash, alleging underage sex. [Twitter, AP]



Previous Article
Next Article
First Look! Ja Rule’s New Reality Show, Follow the Rules [WATCH]
K.Michelle Admits She & NBA Baller JR Smith Broke-Up, But Asks For Forgiveness
‘Growing Up Hip Hop ATL’: Bow Wow, Tiny Harris, Da Brat, Waka Flocka, Trina Braxton [Premiere]
Entertained or Under-Whelmed :: How Would You Rate the #BETAwards + More Photos!
Sade’s Son: My mom is NOT dating Drake.
Kenya Moore Opens Up About Fertility Issues: I’ve been ready for a baby for 5 years.
Love & Hip Hop’s Kirk Frost Alleged Baby Mama’s Paternity Case Thrown Out
Peter Thomas Debuts New Girlfriend, Who Resembles Cynthia Bailey [Photos]