Apr

kenya moore-defends kicking out porsha stewart-rhoa-the jasmine brand

Although season five is officially over, the shade and behind-the-scenes drama with the cast of the Real Housewives of Atlanta has not ended. A day after ousting Porsha Stewart out of her party, the show’s break-out star, Kenya Moore, takes to her personal blog to defend her actions. In a lengthy blog post, Kenya explains the entire situation surrounding her party–why she chose Halle’s B.A.P.S. character, her only regret about kicking Porsha out and her real feelings about NeNe’s opinion about the situation. She wrote:

I live for her and was happy to pay homage to one of the most incredible women to ever be seen on the silver screen. Halle Berry is and will always be one of the most beautiful women in the world. In B.A.P.S., she was a young, pretty, unpolished, fun, and likable diamond in the rough. Her character arc showed her grow, mature, and become a beautiful polished Black American Princess who was willing to accept change. Perhaps, my vision was too complex for a self-centered little girl to understand.

I’ve heard the comments that it was a “set-up,” or “non-glamorous,” “malice content” (malcontent is the correct word), which is utterly absurd. NO ONE takes that kind of energy from me.  This is just as ignorant as the first comments that were the catalyst for the event. Tina Turner was not “glamorous,” Grace Jones was not glamorous, nor any of the other characters aside from Cynthia as Diana Ross. I should not be surprised by the pervasive idiocy that exists in one’s own head. Most importantly, as a show of my appreciation for the ladies, I gifted each of them with beautiful diamond and gold necklaces with their initials courtesy of David Yurman. Therefore, I planned on a beautiful, drama free night honoring ALL the ladies, bar none. Yet, someone wanted to ruin my big night by showing up and showing out.

All the girls came to the party and never once complained about their assigned costumes. My amazing team created live reenactments from the movies of each character the girls were appearing, so it was imperative that they came as their assigned ICONS. If they didn’t want to comply with the hostess’ requests, they should have simply declined the invitation and stayed home. What clearly was premeditated is someone making their own rules to upset me at my own event, which I meticulously planned and paid for. Most importantly, I extended an olive branch toward forgiveness. When you have a history with me of being disrespectful, spiteful, and unapologetic, then you will be shown the nearest exit to the left.

I love me some NeNe, but she did not hesitate to “kick us out” of her house party that we never got in to. I listen, but I don’t have to always agree. However, I appreciate and respect her opinion. In this case, I felt that I should have merely asked “Dorothy” to leave rather than have her escorted out. I have always apologized when I feel I have been wrong. (Phaedra, Cynthia, Anguilla).  Yet, I have NEVER received one apology from someone who called me “whore, trash, raisin face, old, ashy” and taunted me throughout the year often laughing at the unfortunate demise and pain in my relationship, even invited my ex to a party, insulted me after I was uncomfortable at the shameful spectacle made at her charity event I politely left, told I was on the curb where I should be… In any event, I realize that I am a bigger, more reasonable, and more accountable person. Life’s experiences have immeasurable value. I would be insane if I did the same thing over and over and expect a different response. I cannot expect more from someone that only wants to win at all costs. They will lose every time in life. We are all culpable for our actions. I own up to mine.

After reading this, what do  you think of Kenya’s actions? Do you now understand why she was upset or was her behavior (having Porsha removed by security)? BTW, will BRAVO ask her back for another season?

Screen shot 2013-04-02 at 6.18.18 AM

20 Comments to “Kenya Moore Calls Porsha Stewart A ‘Self Centered Little Girl’, Explains Why She Kicked Her Out Finale Party”

1. Shannon says:

Kenya your explanation sounds good…great actually…but no matter how much you try to cover it up…shade is shade. And being Halle Berry in BAPS is just that. I understand the “diamond in the rough”, the “now turned polished woman”..that I all get but really BAPS. All the ladies had influential woman…Porsha had a character. There are plently of ‘rag to riches’ influential women you could have picked for Porsha besides the BAPS character.

• LOL at ‘shade is shade’.

• Sam says:

I am not understanding… Is Halle Berry not an influential black woman? Her character role in the movie B.A.P.S. can be a very inspirational piece for any woman growing up in sub-standard conditions and want something better for themselves. I think Halle did a fantastic job in showing how a lot of our black women out there without a decent education and living in rural areas have an opportunity to better themselves and dream big! Porsha, in my opinion, thought of the concept as a put down rather that see the potential she could have made the character out to be. Most people who probably thought the same thing as Porsha about Kenya trying to throw shade didn’t see it the way it saw it. Immediately when Kenya tried to explain to her the character Halle played in the movie, I thought she could have dressed in a manner of the result of her journey through the movie. What I mean by that is she could have chosen a style of dress she was wearing towards the end of the movie in which she was much more fabulous and had lost the gold tooth. All I am saying, before people start trying to do a swear campaign on Kenya, sit back and assess the situation to try and find the good with the idea instead of just immediately assuming the worst. And for the record, I think she was more than justified in doing what she did and don’t care if you disagree or not.

Thanks!

2. Peaches says:

Yep, Kenya know she was throwing shade. BAPS is a character not an influential woman, there is a difference. Kenya always trying to save face. Girl give it up. That response sounded good. She thought it out thoroughly I see…lmao

3. Coley says:

It was def shady BUT if Porshe didnt wanna be Halle Berry from BAPS she should have stayed at the house. What Porshe did was just as shady as what Kenya did.

4. vapariga says:

@ Shannon @ Peaches….Perfectly said. Kenya has mastered the comeback responses for sure. I haven’t had a chance to watch the finale yet but it looks like Phaedra was already a Halle Berry character anyway, in the Cat Woman get up (unless she was supposed to be Eartha Kitt?). Poor Porsha, I hope she comes back fierce & stronger than ever! She is getting the s*%t end of every situation these days. And I tend to think that Kenya is somewhat jealous of her. Afterall, she is younger, prettier and definitely has the body.

• KIMMYBABII says:

yea she was eartha kitt.. m i also do thin kenya is jealous..

• DIVA says:

True – clearly everyone can see that Kenya is just jealous of Porsha that has to be the only why she picks at this girl because the girl made a mistake and called her by the wrong title but Prosha immediatly apologized for so Kenya should have moved on. I think that Kenya just had to have a reason not to like her in the public eyes but it is really because she is jealous of Porsha. Also, I think Kenya is doing all the madness to guarantee her spot for next season because clearly Kenya is crazy.

• Oracle5 says:

Why should Miss USA be jealous of the now down trodden Miss use to be a Black American Princess (BAP)? He who laughs last, laughs best. The best is yet to come for each one. Take your whipping (licking) Porsha, let it go and keep on ticking. TIMEX ain’t got nothing on you HONEY BOO BOO child, because, a dollar SHOW did make you HOLLA!

5. The Mrs says:

Yall all know Kordell told her not to go as Baps. I like the Baps costume she had on more than the one she wore. A confident woman can wear a paper bag and make it look good. She still has some growing up to do.

6. Joy says:

Yes I agree that Kordell prob told her to go as baps for the simple fact that when she was at the salon she got dressed up like she was going as Baps and then all of a sudden she gets out the car at the event in something totally different.

7. Joy says:

*not to go*

8. Ron says:

Kenya has been trying to be the bigger person from what I’ve seen, but sometimes it doesn’t matter what you do people are going to come at you one way and one way only, how they want to, If someone say they are giving a theme party if you don’t like your roll don’t go. I saw the way Porsha had been picking at Kenya on another show, I work in Africa and live in Los Angeles every other month so I may miss some shows but from what I’ve seen, You can take the Lady out of Detroit but you can’t take Detroit out of the Lady, If it ain’t right it ain’t right.

9. Oracle5 says:

Porsha’s iconi Black actress costume could have been Whoopi Goldgerg’s attire, as in, “Sister Act. ” In reverse,, Whoopi did a turn around (in hiding) as a make believe NUN. The revelation is that Porsha was a born-again preaching EVANGELIST at a Christian Center in Lithonia, Ga. Relating to people and their behavior this would have been really SHADY. Phaedra’s Eartha Kitt’s character (Cat Woman) was more fictitious than B.A.P.S,. Porsha was for 22 months considered to be a real BLACK AMERICAN PRINCESS.

10. hogan says:

If the apartment sold is less than 75 square meters, that is only regarded as half an apartment, the bureau said.
    hogan http://www.recuperando.it/public/update.asp?hogan/