Kanye West Says He Never Disrespected Nelson Mandela, Blames Media for False Stories
Kanye West would like to set the record straight about what he says are false media reports about comments he made after the death of Nelson Mandela. On Friday (December 6), The Daily Currant posted a false interview claiming to be of Kanye West. Apparently, a few sites picked up the story and didn’t notice that the site was a satirical comedic site and the entire interview was made up. The site quoted Kanye as stating:
I’m only 36 years old, and when I look at everything I’ve accomplished, it’s the only comparison that makes any sense…By the time I’m 95, I’m going to be a bigger hero than he ever was.
On Monday, Kanye disputed these reports, pointing his finger at the media, writing:
Respect to Mandela, his family and his legacy. Despite recent media reports, I’ve never said anything to dishonor or trivialize the life or transition of one of the most inspiring leaders … I’d like to address the false stories and noise that have been engineered by the media…At a young age my mother taught me the importance of his work. Mandela sacrificed his life for the betterment of mankind….Thank you, Mandela, for your life’s work and may it serve as a guiding light to illuminate our future…
[Twitter, Hip Hop DX]
Follow me: @theJasmineBRAND on Twitter | theJasmineBRAND on Facebook | theJasmineBRAND on Instagram


Previous Article
Next Article
Harvard Agrees To $53 Million Settlement After Former Morgue Manager Stole & Sold Body Parts From Donated Bodies
Family Of Nolan Wells, Mississippi College Student Who Mysteriously Died During 4th Of July Boating Trip, Pens Heartfelt Message On What Would Have Been His 19th Birthday
Florida Police Officer Accused Of Using Flock Cameras To Keep Tabs On His Estranged Wife More Than 700 Times
Jasmine Brand Brings 30 DC-Area Women Together For Intimate ‘CONNECT’ Brunch, Plans Multi-City Expansion
Woman Claims GLP-1 Weight Loss Drugs Caused Her To Lose Her Eyesight, Wants Warning Added To Labels
[Update] Atlanta Sisters Found Safe After Babysitter Allegedly Abducted Them-Mother Believes Woman Had Been ‘Plotting’ To Steal Her Kids
NAACP Joins Legal Team Representing Family Of Nolan Wells
Amber Alert Issued: Atlanta Police Say Babysitter Abducted Two Young Sisters
SICKO TAKE A SEAT