Charles Barkley Tests Negative For The Coronavirus
As reports of more and more celebrities being diagnosed with the coronavirus surface, one person who hasn’t been infected is NBA star turned sportscaster Charles Barkley.
He released a statement via Turner Sports Monday (March 23) that reads,
“I’ve received my COVID-19 test results this morning and they are negative. I’d like to thank everyone for reaching out and expressing your concern and support. You all be safe and please take the necessary actions to help ensure your well-being.”
It was previously reported that Charles Barkley was at risk of being diagnosed with the coronavirus, which has become an international pandemic.
He self-quarantined himself earlier this month until he received his test results. He said back then,
“I spent the earlier part of the week in New York City. When I got to Atlanta yesterday I wasn’t feeling well. I talked to a couple of people at Turner and a couple of doctors, and they told me to self-quarantine for the next 48 hours. So I started yesterday, this is my second day. I haven’t been feeling great. They didn’t want me to take any chances, so they told me to quarantine myself for 48 hours.”
— theJasmineBRAND.com (@thejasminebrand) March 13, 2020
“I went and took the coronavirus test late this afternoon. I have not gotten the results back, so I’m just kind of in limo right now. I’m really hoping it was just a bug. But like I said I was in New York earlier this week and that was a hot spot. When I got to Atlanta I just wasn’t feeling well. I took the test, I haven’t gotten the results back, and that’s where I’m at right now.”
We’re glad Charles Barkley is okay!