Jennifer Lopez & Alex Rodriguez Won’t Be Buying NY Mets After Losing Bid: We Are So Disappointed!

Jennifer Lopez & Alex Rodriguez Won’t Be Buying NY Mets After Losing Bid: We Are So Disappointed!
Alex Rodriguez and Jennifer Lopez have bowed out of the purchase of the New York Mets baseball team after losing a bid.
Jennifer Lopez reacted to the news on Twitter Friday (Aug. 28th):
“Alex and I are so disappointed!! We worked so hard the past 6 months with the dream of becoming the first minority couple and the first woman owner to buy her father’s favorite Major League Baseball team with her own hard earned money. We still haven’t given up!! #NY4ever”
She included a statement on their withdrawal from the process.
“The consortium led by Alex Rodriguez and Jennifer Lopez has informed the Mets that they are no longer pursuing the acquisition of the team. The consortium, which included Vincent Viola, Mike Repole, and Marc Lore had submitted a fully funded offer at a record price for the team which was supported by binding debt commitments from JP Morgan and equity commitment letters from credit worthy partners.”
It added:
The consortium said that they are disappointed to not be part of the revitalization of New York City and provide an exhilarating experience for the fans and wish the Wilpon family and the entire Mets organization well.”

Billionaire Steve Cohen is reportedly in exclusive talks of buying the baseball team for $2.6 billion. He’s said to be worth $14.6 billion and is in the top 100 for the wealthiest people in the world.
On Thursday (Aug. 27th), Jennifer Lopez spoke on speculation that she and the former MLB star were trying to buy the team. She said on Alex Rodriguez’s “The Corp” podcast with Barstool Sports:
“In this day and age, that would be something that would be so amazing. I don’t have anything to report on that end right now. But I think in every field, especially in institutions like Major League Baseball that are so American in this moment in time, it is important for diversity.”
She continued:
“It is important for women to have positions of power that they’ve earned, and deserve, and can contribute in a way that is just as good as any man on the planet. So of course I am for it.”
They also toured the Citi Field earlier this month.
What are your thoughts on J. Lo & A. Rod not being able to purchase the team? Comment and let us know.
Previous Article
Next Article
Aaliyah’s Estate Seemingly Backs Move To Cover R. Kelly’s Face On “Age Ain’t Nothing But A Number” Vinyl Reissue
Here For It? Spotify Launching New Tool That Allows Users To Create ‘Responsible’ AI-Generated Covers & Remixes Of Their Favorite Songs From Participating Artists/Songwriters
K. Michelle Seemingly Throws Major Shade At Tamar Braxton, Says She’s Open To A Verzuz Battle Against “The Muppet”
Cardi B Wants Round 2! Eyes Second Tour Leg After Strong Ticket Sales
Tank & Durand Bernarr Take Their ‘Beef To FaceTime & End It w/ Laughs: ‘It’s Never That Serious’
Saweetie Hit w/ $3 Million Lawsuit After Promoter Claims She Took Japan Concert Deposit & Performed Elsewhere
Angelina Jolie & Brad Pit’s Daughter Zahara Jolie Graduates From Spelman College
Funk Legend & “Atomic Dog” Artist George Clinton Sues Universal Music Group Over Alleged Royalty Freeze