Tim Norman Pleads Not Guilty To Murder-For-Hire Charges In Killing Of His Nephew, Andre Montgomery

Tim Norman Pleads Not Guilty To Murder-For-Hire Charges In Killing Of His Nephew, Andre Montgomery

Tim Norman has entered a not-guilty plea to murder-for-hire plot charges against him.

The “Welcome To Sweetie Pies” star has been accused of hiring someone to murder his nephew, Andre Montgomery, so he could get $450,000 in Montgomery’s life insurance policy. Montgomery was fatally shot in March 2016.

Norman was officially charged with conspiracy to use interstate commerce facilities in the commission of a murder-for-hire plot earlier this year. He could get life in prison or the death penalty if convicted.

He’s pleaded not guilty to the crime, according to St. Louis NBC-affiliate KSDK.

While federal prosecutors say he should stay in jail with no bond, his lawyer, John Rogers, requested for him to be released to his mother, Robbie Montgomery’s home. Robbie Montgomery is the owner of Sweetie Pie’s restaurant, which was the center of the “Welcome to Sweetie Pies” reality show that premiered on OWN in 2011 and aired for five seasons.

Rogers pointed out that Norman is a father of two children, who can easily visit him in St. Louis. He also said Norman has more than 20 relatives in St. Louis as well as contacts in Texas and Mississippi that are directly related to the Sweetie Pies restaurant.

Rogers said:

“He would be employed in the family business. We don’t believe he’s a flight risk.”

Magistrate Judge Nannette Baker didn’t make a decision Tuesday (Oct. 13th), but said she would consider the petition to let Norman out on bond.
A status hearing is scheduled for Dec. 2.

“Thanks For The Prayers, But At This Time I’m Weak And Can’t Make A Statement. Please Keep Praying For Me And My Son.”

What are your thoughts on Tim Norman’s not-guilty plea? Comment and let us know.

Authored by: Char Patterson