Issa Rae Suggests ‘There’s A Chance’ For ‘Insecure’ Spinoff

Issa Rae
Issa Rae Suggests ‘There’s A Chance’ For ‘Insecure’ Spinoff
Good news for “Insecure” fans!
While the hit HBO series is ending after its fifth season, there’s a chance the story will continue.
When asked about the possibility of a spin-off, creator Issa Rae said,
“there’s a chance for everything.”
Last year, we asked Insecure’s EP and Show runner, Prentice Penny, if he was open to a spin-off.
We asked #InsecureHBO’s showrunner & EP Prentice Penny if he was open to an Insecure spin-off. pic.twitter.com/ZyLDoXOLZ4
— BACKUP ACCOUNT (@JasmineBrandTHE) April 14, 2021
Issa opened up about filming the season amid the COVID-19 pandemic and said,
“It’s a struggle. It was and still is a struggle. I feel so thankful that we’re able to work and we’re actually able to shoot this season because we had a lot of false starts. We were supposed to be shooting way back in September and that just didn’t happen. And obviously in L.A. as you know, we’ve been the epicenter and so even just coming out of that was a challenge.”
She continued,
“But when people ask if shooting the season is bittersweet, I say it’s mostly sweet and the only bitter part is the fact that COVID is in place because it just doesn’t allow us to fully immerse ourselves in the experience and each other and you know, properly saying goodbye. And it sucks to go out like that during this, but things feel a little more optimistic. You know, I’m almost fully vaccinated, I’m hyped!”
As for what fans can expect, she said,
“I’m currently satisfied so I hope that other people will be. We will not be able to please everybody, but I’m happy.”
Issa Rae added,
“I never want to overstay my welcome.”
She referenced shows like The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, which ended after six seasons, and said:
“There were good endings and they left me satisfied and you know, I wanted more of them and I missed them, but I was just like, ‘Oh, I’m glad it went out like that.'”
She went on to say,
“There’s pressure before ending the show, but I just, I love what we’ve been able to do and I love the stories that we’re telling, I love the cast so much. And to be able to go out in what I hope is a strong way, it feels good.”
Do you want an “Insecure” spinoff? Comment and let us know.
Previous Article
Next Article
Damon Wayans Reveals He Didn’t Meet Son Damon Wayans Jr. Until He Was 5 Weeks Old: ‘I Was Too Young To Have A Child’
“Sex And The City” Cast Will Make More Than $1 Million Per Episode
Bevy Smith Questions Lack Of Black American Designers At Met Gala: This Is How You Can Tell All That Black Lives Matter Support Was Performative
Tamron Hall Confessed She ‘Facilitated’ Selling Cocaine In College, Producers Deleted Scene From Talk Show & Host Speaks Out
Kevin Hart’s Wife Eniko Shows Off Her Bare Baby Bump
Kimberly Elise Gets Blasted For Being In Favor Of The Overturn Of Roe V. Wade: Millions of Babies Will Be Saved From Death By Abortion
50 Cent Inks Multi-Project Broadcast Deal w/ Fox
Former MTV News VJs Ananda Lewis & Carson Daly Address Outlet Shutting Down After 36 Years: ‘A Pillar Of Creative & Diverse Speech Is Crumbling’