Jennifer Lopez & Alex Rodriguez Officially End Engagement: We’re Better As Friends
It looks like Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez just couldn’t work things out.
The two officially called off their engagement Thursday, April 15th. They confirmed the breakup in a statement to the “Today” show and said,
“We have realized we are better as friends and look forward to remaining so. We will continue to work together and support each other on our shared businesses and projects. we wish the best for each other and each other’s children.”
J. Lo and A. Rod were dating for roughly two years when he proposed in February 2019.
Due to COVID-19, their initial plans to marry in Italy last summer were postponed. Then, earlier this year, Madison LeCroy’s Southern Charm co-star accused her of having an affair with Alex Rodriguez.
She addressed the rumors and told Page Six in February,
“He’s never physically cheated on his fiancée with me. I don’t want anything bad for his family, or for mine. We are definitely innocent in this.”
They said on March 12th,
“All the reports are inaccurate. We are working through some things.”
“Alex has had a problem texting girls for years. There is no proof that he has moved past the texting flirtation stage, but the evidence had continued piling up and became too much to ignore.”
A second source said J. Lo’s friends were trying to convince her that he wasn’t a good guy and
“he was using her to clean up his tarnished image after his many scandals.”
What are your thoughts on J. Lo and A. Rod breaking up? Comment and let us know.