Vanessa Bryant Wins Ruling In Lawsuit Against Los Angeles County For Allegedly Sharing Crash Site Photos – Sheriff & Fire Chief Will Testify Under Oath
Its been almost two years since Vanessa Bryant, 39, lost her husband, NBA legend Kobe Bryant and their daughter, Gianna Bryant, but it seems things may be moving more positively.
As previously reported, Vanessa Bryant filed a lawsuit against Los Angeles County for allegedly sharing post-mortem photos of Kobe Bryant and Gianna Bryant following the helicopter crash. Now, in a new ruling, the judge has decided that both County Sheriff Alex Villanueva and Fire Chief Daryl Osby will answer questions under oath about the fatal day.
On Wednesday (Oct. 27) the county said,
“While we disagree with the court’s decision, we will make both the Sheriff and Fire Chief available for deposition. Their testimony will not change the fact that there is no evidence any photos taken by County first responders have ever been publicly disseminated.”
Earlier this month Vanessa Bryant revealed that she learned about her husband’s and daughter’s deaths on social media. She said,
“I was holding onto my phone, because obviously I was trying to call my husband back, and all these notifications started popping up on my phone, saying ‘RIP Kobe. RIP Kobe. RIP Kobe.'”
Unsure if it was true or not, Vanessa says she asked deputies to secure the crash site. She added,
“I said ‘If you can’t bring my husband and baby back, please make sure that no one takes photographs of them. Please secure the area.’ And he said ‘I will.’”
This case is set to go to trial sometime next year in February to which Vanessa is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Do you agree with the judge’s decision? Share your thoughts in the comments.