Janet Jackson Biographical TV Mini-Series In Development

Janet Jackson
Janet Jackson Biographical TV Mini-Series In Development
It looks like Janet Jackson has a biopic in the works.
According to reports, the 56-year-old singer is reportedly in talks with various writers to turn her life story into a TV mini-series. A source confirmed,
“Janet and her team are in talks with writers hoping to find the right one to pen a biopic..The story would document Janet’s privileged yet difficult beginnings, rise to stardom and her relationship with her brother Michael Jackson.”
The source added,
“The plan is to make it a mini series and use her music to make the soundtrack.”
Back in 2020, theJasmineBRAND exclusively reported that the pop icon may be getting a biopic. While the details were scarce, we were told auditions for the biopic had already began, however, things came to a halt, due to coronavirus.

Sources say the Lifetime TV network is reportedly interested in the biopic. The potential interest from Lifetime comes as no surprise, since the network aired Janet Jackson’s documentary last year which had over 21 million viewers. Last month, Lifetime announced they were moving forward with a second documentary that will follow the singer on her upcoming Together Again tour.
The documentary titled, Janet Jackson: Family First,
“will chronicle the legendary singer, songwriter, producer, author, actor, philanthropist and global icon as she embarks on her 2023 “Together Again” tour.”
It will also follow,
“her collaboration with brother Randy Jackson to reunite the family band after 40 years since their last performance.”
The series will serve as a follow up to her 2022 documentary
“with the next chapter in Janet’s journey, in her own words and experiences with an exclusive, intimate, and honest look at her life, family, and legendary artistry.”
The documentary will also celebrate Janet Jackson’s 50th anniversary in entertainment and highlight two of her most critically acclaimed albums–”The Velvet Rope”, and “Janet.”
Janet Jackson said in a statement:
“I was touched by the love and support from the wonderful fans who enjoyed the documentary last year. I am excited to continue to share my story, and welcome fans into my life and the ‘Together Again’ tour. Thank you for your never-ending support, and I hope you enjoy the next chapter.”
Janet Jackson announced the “Together Again” tour in December. The 40-date tour will kick off on April 14 at Hard Rock Live in Hollywood, Florida, and will conclude in Seattle, Washington. The tour will also have rapper/actor Ludacris as Jackson’s special guest.
What are your thoughts? Are you looking forward to Janet Jackson’s upcoming documentary and biopic? Let us know in the comments below!
[VIA]
Previous Article
Next Article
“Degrassi: The Next Generation” Star Jahmil French Dies Aged 29 [Condolences]
Idris Elba’s ‘Luther’ ‘Didn’t Feel Authentically Black’, BBC Diversity Chief Says: He Had No Black Friends
Broadway Actor Quentin Lee Dies From Colon Cancer At 34 [CONDOLENCES]
‘Insecure’ Star Natasha Rothwell ‘Shocked’ & ‘Heartbroken’ As Hulu Cancels Her Comedy Show ‘How To Die Alone’ After One Season
Angela Simmons Clarifies Statements About Sexual Assault Allegations Against Russell Simmons: I Don’t Believe My Uncle Is Capable Of Being What The Media Is Saying
Nick Cannon Admits Not Spending Enough Time With His Kids: I’m Spread Thin
Whoopi Goldberg Claims Staten Island Bakery Refused To Serve Her Over Political Views, Bakery Denies Claims
Wendy Williams Producers Begged Her To Address Fans On Social Media: She Went Behind Their Back & Set Up Her Own IG Account Because She Doesn’t Trust Anyone On The Show