Tiffany Haddish Receives Backlash For Seemingly Defending Jonathan Majors Amid Domestic Violence Controversy
It looks like fans are less than pleased with Tiffany Haddish.
The Girls Trip actress was trending on Twitter for a recent post that she made. In a post and delete, Tiffany Haddish shared an article about Jonathan Majors and how his alleged victim was spotted out clubbing and was seemingly unhurt.
Now social media users are slamming the comedian and calling for her to be cancelled. One person wrote,
“Not Tiffany Haddish trying to defend Jonathan Majors when she knows full f**ing well her career is on thin ice. “
Another person said,
“Tiffany Haddish been trash and constantly reminds us she’s hot garbage.”
Someone else tweeted,
“WELP!! She’s cancelled cancelled . Congratulations Tiffany.”
See reactions below:
Many users pointed to Tiffany Haddish’s previous sexual abuse lawsuit she faced from two siblings. According to the accusers, when they were minors Haddish and comedian Aries Spears allegedly coerced them into making sexually suggestive skits for a short film.
As previously reported, the civil action suit was dropped with prejudice on Sept. 20 after the family announced they have decided to leave the incident in the past. While the “Girls Trip” actress got to clear her name, she previously claimed she “lost everything” following the public accusations. Despite the lawsuit not being able to be filed again, Haddish shared:
“I lost everything. All my gigs, gone. Everything, gone. Idk bro. I don’t have no job. I don’t have no job bro.”
As you may recall, Jonathan Majors was arrested on March 25 for assaulting his alleged girlfriend – who remains unnamed. The 30-year-old woman was hospitalized with
“minor injuries to her head and neck.”
According to a statement from the New York Police Department, authorities were called to the scene of a Manhattan apartment after a woman reported the alleged assault. The woman is said to be his alleged girlfriend.
Jonathan Majors reportedly went with police without incident and was charged with assault, strangulation, and harassment. A rep for the star of “Creed 3” and “Ant Man and the Wasp: Quantunmania” subsequently released a statement, proclaiming his clients’ innocence. His official statement reportedly read:
“He has done nothing wrong…We look forward to clearing his name and clearing this up.”
Since then, Majors has been dropped by his talent manager and PR firm. In addition, Majors and designer brand Valentino “mutually agreed” that he shouldn’t attend the Met Gala this year on behalf of their clothing line.
What are your thoughts? Let us know in the comments below!