Gayle King & Charles Barkley’s CNN News Show Ends After Months-Long Run

Gayle King, Charles Barkley
Gayle King & Charles Barkley’s CNN News Show Ends After Months-Long Run
“King Charles” is no more.
The news series anchored by journalist Gayle King and retired professional-athlete-turned-media-personality Charles Barkley has officially come to an end. A CNN spokesperson recently noted that the program was always meant to be a limited series, set to wrap sometime in the spring of 2024. They said,
“King Charles has come to the end of its limited run as we announced when it launched last fall and was a great addition to CNN’s lineup, with the youngest, most affluent, and most diverse P2+ audience in its cable news time period.”

However, some reports claimed the show failed to bring in the rating the network hoped it would. Purportedly, the celebs’ November 29 debut episode garnered 501,000 viewers, allegedly the lowest-rated prime-time weeknight series debut for CNN in a decade. In addition, it’s reported that the March 13 episode had a 43% drop in the 25-34 age demographic and a 52% drop in the 18-25 age demographic compared to its premiere show.
During last week’s final episode, Gayle King praised her co-host, saying,
“I will say this: I have loved working with you and something tells me Charles, this will not be the last time that we’re working together.”
She continued, telling viewers,
“We will see you the next time whenever we see you. Thanks so much for being with us for the past six months. We had a blast.”
What are your thoughts on this entire situation? Are you sad to see “King Charles” end? Tell us your thoughts in the comment section below!
Previous Article
Next Article
Wendy Williams’ Attorney Says The Media Personality Is Still Struggling, Despite Her Upbeat Interview On ‘The Breakfast Club’
‘Blue Clues’ Star Steve Burns Reflects On Struggling w/ Depression & Death Rumors After Leaving The Show: ‘People You’ve Never Met Tell You That You’re Dead’
‘Gen V’ Season 2 Production Delayed Indefinitely Following Untimely Death Of Series Star Chance Perdomo
Author Walter Mosley Quits “Star Trek: Discovery” After Being Told He Couldn’t Say ‘N-Word’ In Writers Room
Wendy Williams Reunites w/ Son Kevin Hunter Jr. After Claiming He Withdrew Large Sums Of Money From Her Accounts
Reality Star Paige DeSorbo Says ‘Bridgerton’ Star Regé-Jean Page Should Play James Bond ‘Because He’s Light-Skinned’, Later Apologizes
‘Love & Marriage: Huntsville’ Stars Maurice Scott & Kimmi Grant Spark Debate After Intimate Therapy Session Clip
Omarosa On Criticism That She’s A “Sellout”: It’s Easy To Sit In The Cheap Seats & Throw Allegations