Sharon Osbourne Didn’t Receive Up To $10 Million Payout After Leaving ‘The Talk’, CBS Says
Sharon Osbourne Didn’t Receive Up To $10 Million Payout After Leaving ‘The Talk’, CBS Says
Update #2 (March 30th): CBS has responded to reports that Sharon Osbourne received up to $10 million in a massive payout as she exited The Talk.
A CBS spokesperson said, according to Los Angeles Times that the reports are:
“False, inaccurate or untrue. Take your pick.”
Original Story (March 29th): Sharon Osbourne is said to have received an impressive payout amidst her departure from ‘The Talk’. A source tells Page Six that
“Sharon is walking away with a $5 to $10 million minimum payout and was able to spin that it was her decision [to leave the show]”.
A different source said that she is also allowed to speak out publicly.
“Sharon will talk when she is ready. She still wants to give her side of the story. She has been on that show for 11 years and knows all the secrets.”
As previously reported, on Friday (March 26th) the network announced her departure. It stated,
“Sharon Osbourne has decided to leave The Talk. The events of the March 10 broadcast were upsetting to everyone involved, including the audience watching at home.”
Following the discussion, CBS announced that it would conduct an internal review of Sharon Osbourne’s comments. It also shared the results of the investigation in the statement announcing her departure.
“As part of our review, we concluded that Sharon’s behavior toward her co-hosts during the March 10 episode did not align with our values for a respectful workplace.”
CBS went on to dispel Sharon Osbourne’s claims that she was set up by production to have the discussion on air.
“We also did not find any evidence that CBS executives orchestrated the discussion or blindsided any of the hosts.”
Things got heated between Sharon Osbourne and Sheryl Underwood after Osbourne defended controversial remarks from Piers Morgan that some deemed as racist.
https://youtu.be/_xUviHcV8NA
Osbourne, who was the only original co-host left, later released a statement and said she was “blindsided” by the moment.
“I blame the network for it. I was blindsided, totally blindsided by the whole situation. In my 11 years, this was the first time I was not involved with the planning of the segment.”
According to Osbourne, about eight minutes before the show, a showrunner asked her if it was okay if they asked about Piers Morgan. Osbourne said,
“I said, ‘Sure, they can ask me whatever.’ But then I get on there, I say my piece and Sheryl [Underwood] turns around straight-faced, looks at me and is reading from a card with questions. I was just so hurt, caught off guard and stunned by what I was being asked and not prepared. I was honestly in shock. I felt like I was in front of a firing squad. I felt like a lamb held out for slaughter. … They had me there for 20 minutes.”
Osbourne also called out the network and said,
“I’m a big girl. I’m a professional. However CBS blindsided me. I don’t know why they did it to me. The showrunners told me it came from executives to do this to me.”
What are your thoughts on Sharon Osbourne’s alleged payout? Comment and let us know.

Previous Article
Next Article
Oprah Winfrey Explains Why She Expanded Into Podcasting At 72: ‘I Know How To Talk’
Tracee Ellis Ross Questions If Racism Led To ‘Girlfriends’ Being Overlooked Despite Strong Ratings
Malcolm-Jamal Warner’s Widow Gets $150K GoFundMe Campaign As She Fights Over His Estate In Court
Brandy Sings Theme Song For Netflix’s ‘A Different World’ Reboot
Wendy Williams Documentaries Reportedly In The Works At Peacock & Netflix In Separate Projects
[UPDATE] “Martin” Spinoff “The Varnell Hill Show” Officially Locks In September Release Date
Keke Palmer Set To Host “The Voice: Celebrity” As Carson Daly Steps Back From Star-Focused Extension
Keke Palmer Admits She Only Removes Her Leg Hair Every Six Months: ‘I Might Slap Some Nair On There’