A$AP Rocky Pleads Not Guilty To Assault In Alleged Shooting Incident Involving Former Friend & A$AP Mob Member

A$AP Rocky — Rapper Pleads Not Guilty To Assault In Alleged Shooting Incident Involving Former Friend & A$AP Mob Member
A$AP Rocky (real name Rakim Mayers) says he is not guilty, your honor.

ASAP Rocky arrives at the courthouse in Los Angeles on Aug. 17.
The “F**kin’ Problems” rapper — who recently welcomed a baby boy with Rihanna — pleaded not guilty on Wednesday (August 17) to two counts of assault with a firearm. A$AP Rocky was arrested and bonded out in April for the assault in question, which reportedly took place following an argument in November of last year.
According to a previous press release from the Los Angeles Police Department,
“The argument escalated and resulted in the suspect firing a handgun at the victim. The victim sustained a minor injury from the incident and later sought his medical treatment.”
They added,
“Detectives worked diligently to investigate and corroborate the reporting information which helped identify the suspect(s) involved. The suspect has been identified as 33-year-old Rakim Mayers, a Los Angeles resident, also known as music artist A$AP Rocky.”
LAPD News: Arrest of Shooting Suspect (NR22111ll) pic.twitter.com/fkrNxLZGS8
— LAPD PIO (@LAPDPIO) April 20, 2022
The victim has since been identified as fellow rapper and A$AP Mob member A$AP Relli (real name Terell Ephron), who reportedly received medical treatment after A$AP Rocky pointed a semi-automatic weapon at him before firing a shot in his direction. A$AP Relli has since filed a lawsuit against his former friend, claiming he suffered
“physiological, mental, and emotional harm.”

Rocky must now stay at least 100 yards away from A$AP Relli, per a restraining order. According to Relli‘s lawyers,
“Defendant (Mayers) purposefully or with reckless disregard unlawfully brandished a firearm towards the plaintiff (Ephron). Further, defendant purposefully or with reckless disregard caused a bullet projectile/fragment to hit the plaintiff. In both instances, defendant’s conduct was unlawful or otherwise extreme and outrageous.”
Rihanna was reportedly feeling a lot of stress leading up to the August 17 court hearing, as she was nervous the repercussions for the crime could be severe enough to keep her better half away from their son.
An insider previously shared,
“She’s doing her best to remain calm ahead of Rocky’s hearing later this month. But it would be difficult for anybody in her position not to feel stressed with everything going on.”
Relli is requesting $25,000 in damages, as well as additional funds to cover his medical fees. A preliminary hearing is currently scheduled for November 2.
What are your thoughts on the entire situation? Let us know in the comments!
[VIA]
Previous Article
Next Article
Lil Durk Cancels Several Tour Dates Due To Ongoing Health Issues
Nipsey Hussle – LAPD Says He Wasn’t Specifically Targeted In Gang Investigation
Brent Faiyaz Surprises Fans w/ Fresh Cut, Says Goodbye To Signature Fro
Actor Hosea Chanchez Tells Singer Brandy: You Are A Living Legend, You Don’t Need Another Grammy To Validate What God Has Told You!
Oprah Winfrey Once Told Kanye West Not To Run For President
Kanye West’s Donda Academy Basketball Team Kicked Out Of Major High School Tournament For His Antisemitic Comments + Professional Athletes Drop From His Sports Agency
Tory Lanez Takes Out Billboard In Times Square, Calling Himself ‘The Greatest Artist In The World’ + Says He Wants To Be A Mogul & Role Model
K. Michelle Reacts To Fans Asking If She’s Okay After Beyoncé Announces Country Album: ‘Why Would Anyone Need To Check On Me?’