Mar

(Photos from left: twitter/TruLiza4u, Denise Truscello/WireImage)

Liza Morales, the ex-girlfriend/baby mama of NBA Baller Lamar Odom, has been very vocal about what went wrong in her relationship to the LA Clippers, who is now married to Khloe Kardashian. As a reality star of the now canceled ‘Starter Wives‘, the mother of two had a platform to give her version of what happened in the couples relationship, which resulted in him leaving her for the Kardashian sister. This week, Lamar was spotted heading to court, to resolve a long-running custody battle of their two children (Destiny 14 and Lamar Jr. 11). And while Lamar has remained mum (side bar: he actually fell asleep during their court hearing, but that’s neither here, nor there) for the most part, Liza continues to speak on their ended relationship. Recently, she penned a very lengthy letter, spilling the tea on why Lamar refused to marry her and ultimately left her after their third child died. Check it out below.

I don’t think I’ll forget the tight knot I felt in the pit of my stomach the morning I received the text message with three simple words on the screen. It read “I’m getting married” and it was from the man I’d spent more than 10 years of my life with. Years that included us getting engaged in 2000 and becoming parents to one daughter and two sons. Yet not long after our separation Lamar Odom was getting married to Khloe Kardashian, a woman he’d met four weeks before. How could the man who’d constantly given me reason after reason for why we couldn’t get married just yet now be ready to tie the knot so quickly? There aren’t words to explain how I felt that day.

I met Lamar in the 9th grade in Queens, New York, and was completely taken in by his wit, charm, and that devastating smile he so easily flashed at anyone he met. We dated from the 11th grade on and shared a tight bond due to a lot of things, including the fact that we both were products of broken homes.

Though my parents weren’t together, I did have a very close relationship with my father, whom I loved dearly and consider my hero. He worked very hard to make sure I could attend Catholic school and have everything I needed. But when I started dating Lamar that all changed. My father is Puerto Rican and he didn’t approve of me dating a black man. His small mind and small thinking ended the relationship with my dad. I wanted a life with Lamar and needed my family to support that. The next 10 years would be an amazing journey filled with many ups and down but Lamar and I were creating the family we’d both always dreamed of. Or so I thought.

We talked about marriage a lot during those days but Lamar would always tell me that NBA marriages never lasted. He’d point to Shaquille O’Neal’s marriage ending or Dwayne Wade’s marriage ending as examples of why we should wait until he retired to tie the knot. He told me he wanted to leave the game early and then the timing would be perfect for us. I listened to the many reasons why we weren’t married yet and believed them, knowing deep inside something wasn’t right. And then I slowly morphed into the girl I promised myself I’d never become, the girl who stayed long after she knew she shouldn’t. Truth is, I wanted that fairy tale so badly that I couldn’t bear to walk away from that life or take my children away from the comfort and security of a two-parent home.

I struggled to deal with all the groupies around him and with whatever else that was going on and just stayed put. My denial came to an abrupt end in 2006 after the death of Jayden. Lamar and I never really talked about our loss, which I know wasn’t healthy and also meant our relationship would never last. It couldn’t. I found out soon after that he’d had a long-term relationship with another woman—a relationship he said he’d end but he didn’t—and that was that.

We kept things cordial for the children’s sake after the breakup, but that changed when he married Khloe. Now we only communicate through third parties and lawyers, which I regret deeply since it is exactly what we each experienced as children and said we wouldn’t do to our kids. I’ve only met Khloe once, at my request since she is my children’s stepmother and I felt it was important to get a sense of her and what she’s like around my children. It was a very pleasant meeting, she gave me a hug so I’m happy it happened. Though some frown upon my decision to do a reality show, I agreed to be a part of “Starter Wives” so I could tell my own story of how things unfolded after Lamar married Khloe. We weren’t really together so I didn’t fall apart as many have suggested. I’ve have to deal with a lot of tabloid lies as the result of all the attention Lamar gets since he’s married to someone so famous.

To be honest I’m really doing the show for my daughter to prove to her that you can get up and move on after things fall apart. I did it to show her how you make mistakes and fix them and that you can never give up on yourself. She needed to see that and hear it from me. I think I also hope my father sees it as well. The only time I’ve seen my dad in recent years was at the funeral for my son. That was the first time Lamar had ever met him or that the kids had a chance to meet him. I’d really love for my kids to have their grandparents in their lives. They’ve met Lamar’s father (his mother passed away before we met) and are very close to my mother. I’d like to see that change and see them have relationships with both of their grandfathers.

As I continue to move on with my life, it can be difficult to avoid hearing about the Kardashians day in and day out. But I do what I can to ignore the constant chatter and I try to keep it from the kids as well so they can have a life that is as normal as possible. I am hopeful that one day I will have a cordial relationship again with Lamar, but until then I have to think of myself and the future I’d like to have given that I’m still in my early 30’s.

I know Lamar wasn’t that happy with the show but it’s helping me move on with my life by getting my truth out there and that’s what’s important. I’m taking college courses now to help with my dream of creating a skin care line in the future. I spent a great deal of my young life focused only on Lamar and his world. That’s all over now. I’m looking forward to meeting someone new and finding a love again and finally walking down the aisle. I’m hopeful that I’ll find someone willing to be a role model and a father figure for my children. They deserve that. Today it’s about me and the kids and moving forward. No anger or regrets. Just lessons learned and good days ahead.

p5rn7vb

23 Comments to “Lamar Odom’s BabyMama/Ex-Girlfriend Writes Lengthy Letter About Being Abandoned for Khloe Kardashian”

Good letter, and good for her. She confirms that a woman’s instinct will always serve her right.

I wish her the best!

3. Annoyed at 3/5 of the cast of starter wives says:

I’m starting understand why they took “starter wives” off air. These women are too bitter. Clearly, these men have all moved on and its time for them to move on to or they will continue to live unhappy.

i think Lamar is a poor excuse for a man, he’s a sack of shit.. how could u leave after your son perished? and get married to a woman u only knew for 4 weeks? and rumor has it, that he only spends summer time and some holiday’s with his children which in essence really means that he is just a ‘weekend dad’.. DOn’t matter anyway because he is washed up and so is Scott Disick, Kanye isn’t too far behind

• Anonymous says:

Your on point with this one.

• Monica says:

You are on point! POOR EXCUSE FOR A MAN…OOOH BUT WAIT HE IS A BOY! I am glad that she has moved on and I pray that she finds someone to love her for her and love her kids as well. Lamar is just with Khloe for money. He is probably doing the samething to her…sleeping around with every women he comes in contact with. He lied to her for many yrs talking about he wanted to retire early. I can see that, that’s why he not playing now. Shortly after he married Khloe he stopped playing ball. The fool is Khloe because Lamar is just using her.

5. tray says:

this girl is delusional, Lamar im sure is a good father, so why she trying 2 get her 15mins, she better stay mute bfo she dnt have shit.

• Monica says:

How do you know that Lamar is a good dad? He wasnt a good boyfriend/baby daddy so I doubt that he is a good dad. I think she wrote a very well put letter and I wish her all the blessings. Lamar just married Khloe for fame and he wanted to stop playing ball so he had to get some extra cash and he did by marrying her. He will be rich forever as long as he stay married to her. You know it is cheaper to keep them…lol…

• jj says:

@ tray be quiet,sure if it was lisa that had money you would be on her side, as if you would even get any of her money, accept it the guy is dead beat dad

6. Miss AG says:

Hm hm hm……had to be difficult

7. CocktailJay says:

“He’d point to Shaquille O’Neal’s marriage ending or Dwayne Wade’s marriage ending as examples of why we should wait until he retired to tie the knot.”

That was so shady. Lol. I wonder what Shaq & D Wade had to say to Lamar about that. Anyway…good for her. Some of you women are so stupid. Can’t wait to tear another woman down. Let her be. It’s her story to tell…you throw that “bitter” word around like it’s air. Damn.

8. MOORISHQUEEN OF STL says:

A lot of relationships suffer and diminish after the death of a child. Why do we call Lamar a poor excuse for a man? On the show she said they had poor comuunication skills which we all know is very important in relatioships. The death of child had to be devestating for everyone involved so if no one knew how to communicate and there was not a foundation to begin with, how was the relationship to survive. I hope she learns who she is and how to love herself.

• *Anonymous* says:

girl i think you are so right. People are trying to judge Lamar and blame a entire failed marriage on him. If the marriage didnt work it is because they didnt have a good relationship to begin with. When you loose somebody your emotions become ten times more sensitive and strong. So when they lost their son maybe he just couldnt take it anymore and saw that it didnt work. I think its good that Lamar left her because he saw that their marriage is broken. If he stayed with her his children would have to live in a home that was just cold and fake because Lamar didnt love Lisa. I think it is really hard to judge someone though without knowing both sides of the story. But I really hope Lisa has a great life and finds someone who loves her.

Isn’t it werid that Klohe never talks about Lamars kids on the show?

10. The Mrs says:

I like the ex better than the current one. Hes a loser. No wonder hes in no rush to have kids with Klohe because already has a full family already

11. Evadoosh says:

Having kids for a man doesn’t necessarilly mean you can tie him down. Men know exactly who is a wife material n that is wat he’s found with khloe. Liza morales should stop being a hater n accept everything in good faith. Besides, she said her dad never approved of her getting married to Lamar n Lamar likes family alot. She should thank her stars , Lamar is not a talking type if not he would have destroyed her image in the press. She’s hidding d truth concerning wat broke them up in d first place and lamar isn’t ready to let it out. Lamar is a good man. Liza move on and let lamar be,love is not forced.

• jj says:

@ evadoosh you are illusional, you crazy,why are you hating lisa? she is the one that had a relationship with lamar not you , so shut up if you dont have anything good to say..

• Hugegenic says:

Hi to every , because I am really keen of reading this webpage’s post to be updated regularly. It includes nice material.

12. lyd says:

THIS WOMAN IS BITTER. KHLOE DOESN’T TALK ABOUT THE KIDS ON HER SHOW OUT OF RESPECT. I HAVEN’T HEARD ONE NEGATIVE WORD FROM HER ON THE EX WIFE OR THE KIDS. SHE’S A CLASSY PERSON AND RESPECTFUL OF LAMAR’S EX AND HER KIDS. LIZA SHOULD MOVE ON AND STOP TALKING ABOUT IT. IT’S MAKING HER LOOK BAD. AS FOR LAMAR, THEY WERE WHAT, IN THIER 20′S WHEN THEY WERE GOING THRU THIS DRAMA?? THIS IS NORMAL YOUNG RELATIONSHIP BEHAVIOR. IT SEEMS LIKE LIZA IS MAKING THEIR RELATIONSHIP DIFFICULT. SHE HAS TO GROW UP AND MOVE ON.

13. ajo says:

Emmmm I always knew something about. Lam was not right now I know what iit is.people forget that sometimes the people we hurt end up placing curses on us not that they want to but because at that moment there hrt broken lamer and klo shud seek this woman’s forgiveness if they want to have kids of there on…… a mothers curse is the worst curse u can ever get your hands in like they saying “God is for everyone “

if you’re darking than a paper bag,don’t worry about it. lisa is doing alright. she’s the right color ,she’ll do just fine.

15. jean says:

dafuq… “my dream of creating a skin care line..” da fuq is with these women and their ‘lofty’ dreams… smdh. digger. i dont care how u started.