Jul
2014

Claudia Jordan to Replace Ebony Steele On ‘Rickey Smiley Morning Show’

claudia jordan to replace ebony steele on the rickey smiley morning show the jasmine brand

There’s another shake-up in the radio market. Reportedly, well-known radio personality Ebony Steele is leaving the syndicated Atlanta-based Rickey Smiley Morning Show. She had been with the show for seven years. According to AJC, there has been no insight or explanation for Ebony’s departure, but the site noted that she said the whole situation was “interesting”, but she had no negative feelings toward anyone.

Screen Shot 2014-07-10 at 9.06.17 AM

So who is her replacement? Celebrity Apprentice alumni, Claudia Jordan. Reportedly the model/media personality is to begin next Monday.

Screen Shot 2014-07-10 at 9.06.10 AM

Last week, Claudia shared photos of her onset of the Rickey Smiley Morning Show. She’s also hinted that she’s moving to Atlanta. Congrats!

P.S. For Atlanta listeners, what do you think about Ebony’s departure and Claudia as a replacement?

Follow me: @theJasmineBRAND on Twitter | theJasmineBRAND on Facebook | theJasmineBRAND on Instagram

8 Comments to “Claudia Jordan to Replace Ebony Steele On ‘Rickey Smiley Morning Show’”

1. CocktailJay says:

I’m glad she’s leaving. I hate that show and I especially hate Rickey Smiley. He really needs some professional mental health because he has a real issue with women.

2. kim says:

Do tell,Spill that tea!I never heard about him having issues with women professionally or other wise.

3. PrettyPearl says:

I am really sorry to hear that! I love Ebony Steele but I DID listen last week when she was on there and I thought she brought something a little different to the show. Whatever the actual reason for her departure is, I hope she and Rickey can still remain friends. From listening to the show, it seems like they have been really close for a long time.

4. Drea says:

Claudia will bring a lot to the show. This is great!

5. Ebony says:

No one can replace Ebony. SHE IS HILARIOUS. Won’t find the show funny anymore. This is a sad day.

6. Cherisse Garner says:

I personally am glad to hear She’s leaving! I don’t think she was that funny and she’s the reason I stopped listening to the show!

7. sabrina says:

Hmm… when i listened Claudia had an interesting yet staunch perspective, not sure i agree, as she is supposed to represent the ladies, but i do love the texture of her voice. It was inevitable Ebony was leaving. It seems all of Atlanta radio is being shaken.

8. LH says:

That’s why I only listen to power 105.1. Best radio hands down.