Colin Kaepernick Puts NFL On Notice After 40-Minute Workout: Stop Running From The Truth [VIDEO]
NFL Free-agent quarterback Colin Kaepernick completed an untraditional, private 40-minute workout in front of representatives from eight NFL teams on Saturday (Nov. 16th). From the beginning, there were mixed reactions about the the planned NFL workout for former San Francisco quarterback.
On Saturday, Kaepernick and his reps decided to host their own showcase in Atlanta where he had the opportunity to throw for a total of six teams and the media. According to reports, Kaepernick and the NFL couldn’t come to a decision on welcoming the media to his workout. Eventually, the 32-year-old former NFL star took matters into his own hands, sending out a memo on his new location.
Media personality Nessa Diab, who is also Kaepernick’s long-term girlfriend posted details of the new location which included a statement that addressed the media access for transparency.
“Mr. Kaepernick request all media be allowed into the workout to observe and film it for their independent film crew to be there to ensure transparency.”
Kaepernick saluted about 250 fans and signed autographs before addressing the media after his workout, which was moved about 60 miles from the Atlanta Falcons’ facility in Flowery Branch to Charles R. Drew High School in Riverdale.
Reportedly, Kaepernick made an impression on a few of the front office members during his workout Saturday. According to reports, one NFL executive called Kaepernick’s talent, “elite”.
“After today’s workout in Atlanta, an NFL executive at Colin Kaepernick’s throwing session said his arm talent is “elite” and is the same as when he came out of college. He said that Kaepernick threw the ball well.”
After the workout, the free-agent quarterback spoke with the media on another opportunity to be apart of a roster. In his message, the social justice activist puts the league on notice, calling out league commissioner, Roger Goodell and all 32 owners to “stop running” from him. He says,
“I’ve been ready for three years. I’ve been denied for three years. We all know why I came out here. [I] showed it today in front of everybody. We have nothing to hide. So we’re waiting for the 32 owners, 32 teams, Roger Goodell, all of them stop running. Stop running from the truth. Stop running from the people.”
“We’re out here. We’re ready to play. We’re ready to go anywhere. My agent, Jeff Nalley, is ready to talk any team. I’ll interview with any team at any time. I’ve been ready.”
The NFL released the following statement about Colin changing locations.
— Zacheriah Williams (@ZacheriahW) November 16, 2019
As previously reported, music mogul, Jay-z had more than “some influence ,” in creating an opportunity for Kaepernick. According to sources, Jay allegedly forced the hand of the commissioner in response to his public backlash after involving his likeness and business with the NFL.
“According to my source, JAY-Z said that he took a reputational bullet for the commissioner when they had that press conference [with] his new role in the NFL. Social agenda. Social injustice. He was gonna help with the entertainment for halftime. All of this. My source said that JAY-Z was pressuring the commissioner to do the right thing and have this workout for Colin Kaepernick.”
“JAY-Z said, ‘Hey, look, I don’t want to be viewed as a sellout here. Now those are my words, not his, but he was saying ‘reputational bullet.”
As of now, the ball is in the NFL front offices’ court to take the risk and sign the talented quarterback to their roster.
Good luck Kaepernick!