NBA Withholding 25% of Players Salaries Amid Starting In May, Says Source

NBA Withholding 25% of Players Salaries Starting In May, Says Source
According to reports, the NBA plans to withhold 25% of player salaries beginning May 15, due to the coronavirus pandemic. As one of sports first professional leagues to lead the charge in canceling their entire regular seasons in mid-March, the league reportedly plans to make a “gradual” reduction over the course of the remainder of the season.

According to reporters, the decision was made in conjunction with the National Basketball Players Association and will be expected to continue through the course of the coronavirus crisis,
“in order to provide players with a more gradual salary reduction schedule, partial reductions of 25% will begin with the players’ twice-a-month payment due on May 15.”
Although the season was suspended, NBA players have continued to receive their full salaries through their April 15 paychecks. However, no widespread cuts to any organization, and no support or administrative staff are impacted in relation to the agreement with salary cuts. The league is currently considering several options that would allow players to resume the regular season or alternate a plan for postseason play, according to reports.

Rudy Gobert
As previously reported, the NBA first announced their regular season suspension in responds to an Oklahoma City Thunder match-up against the Utah Jazz on March 11th, when the shocking news was reported that Utah’s Rudy Gobert tested positive for the deadly coronavirus.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bWqu9pW6lY&feature=emb_title
In addition, two players from the Utah Jazz, one from the Detroit Pistons, four from the Brooklyn Nets, two from the Los Angeles Lakers and one from the Boston Celtics were diagnosed with coronavirus. Three staffers on the Philadelphia 76ers and one on the Denver Nuggets also tested positive.

Kevin Durant
As one of the most notable NBA star diagnosed with the deadly virus, Brooklyn Net star, Kevin Durant released a statement on his condition after testing positive. At the time, he told The Athletic,
“Everyone be careful, take care of yourself and quarantine. We’re going to get through this.”

In the day’s following, a number of active players are opening their wallets to help hourly workers who support their teams and work in arenas on a nightly basis. Players including current NBA MVP Giannis Antetokounmpo of the Milwaukee Bucks, Cleveland Cavaliers’ Kevin Love, and Zion Williamson of the New Orleans Pelicans reportedly covered at least $100,000 of their respected area hourly workers salaries.
Do you think the salary reduction to players pay is fair? Let us know your thought in the comments!
Previous Article
Next Article
Pro Boxer Claressa Shields Claims She’s Being Targeted By Paid Efforts To Tear Her Down
Sugar Ray Leonard’s Son Arrested At Boxing Legend’s Home For Violating Restraining Order
Drake Says He’s Sticking By Kevin Durant, No Matter What
Former Cowboys Star Dez Bryant Puts Boxer Alycia Baumgardner On Blast For “Provoking” Claressa Shields Before Slap Incident
[UPDATE] Claressa Shields Banned From MVP Events After Slap Incident With Fellow Boxer Alycia Baumgardner + Alycia Threatens To Sue
Condolences: Memphis Grizzlies Player Brandon Clarke Passes Away At 29
Chef Milabelle, Woman Who Accused Stefon Diggs Of Assault, Tells Cardi B: “You Know Exactly Who He Really Is”