Jermaine Dupri & Too Short Are Bringing Back Freaknik This Year, Attendees Will Be Required To Wear Masks

Jermaine Dupri & Too Short Are Bringing Back Freaknik This Year, Attendees Will Be Required To Wear Masks
It was previously reported that there were rumors that the well-known festival Freaknik was due to make a come back this year. Freaknik was an annual festival that took place in Atlanta during the 80s and 90s. As iconic as the event was, it was eventually banned.
Despite the current pandemic, Jermaine Dupri and Too Short still plan on making this happen and are moving forward with relaunching the festival. According to reports, Freaknik 2020 will take place Sept. 18-20 at Morris Brown College. So far the lineup includes performances by Jermaine Dupri, Too Short, Juvenile, 2 Live Crew, Paul Wall, and Da Brat.

If everything goes as planned, this will be Atlanta’s first major concert since the city reopened following its shut down due to the coronavirus pandemic. Reportedly, in order to follow safety guidelines the event will reduce its capacity levels to 66% in hopes of allowing room for participants to practice social distancing.
In addition to that, the festival will require people to wear a mask and have temperature checks and sanitation stations.
In the heat of COVID-19 last month, Jermaine Dupri pleaded with blacks in Georgia to follow stay-at-home orders that were in place at the time.
https://www.instagram.com/tv/B_S9ggcp4uI/?utm_source=ig_embed
What are your thoughts on this festival coming back? Let us know in the comments.
Previous Article
Next Article
Jermaine Dupri Says He Can’t Date A Woman Who Doesn’t Want To Go To The Strip Club Because She’ll Be Suspicious While He’s Gone: ‘You Broke Our Synergy’
Scar Lip Takes The High Road As Fans Slam Her Over Dora The Explorer Freestyle
Quavo Suggests He Pays His Assistant $5,000 A Day
New Prince Album Released On What Would Have Been His 61st Birthday
E-40 Launches Gourmet Meat Brand ‘Goon With The Spoon’
Kanye West – Source Shuts Down Bizarre Rumors He Had Affair With Jeffree Star As YouTuber Says He’s ‘Ready For Sunday Service’
Kanye West — Social Media Users React To Rapper’s Return To Instagram: ‘The King Is Back’
NBA Youngboy Released From Prison