Kobe Bryant – Charter Company Sues Air Traffic Controllers, Blames Them For Helicopter Crash
Kobe Bryant – Charter Company Sues Air Traffic Controllers, Blames Them For Helicopter Crash
There are new legal developments in the helicopter crash that killed Kobe Bryant in January, killing his daughter Gianna Bryant and seven others.
According to new reports, the charter company Island Express Helicopters that operated the helicopter crashed has blamed two air traffic controllers for the accident. A cross-complaint was filed, alleging that “a series of erroneous acts and/or omissions” by the air traffic controllers resulted in the crash. Matthew Conley and Kyle Larsen have reportedly been identified as the two controllers.
The complaint says,
“Had Larsen and Conley not engaged in the numerous negligent acts and/or omissions stated herein, then the Pilot [Ara Zobayan] would not have been forced to respond to multiple [air traffic control] requests and commands during the most critical phase of the flight”.
As previously reported (in June 2020), according to documents made public by the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB), Kobe Bryant’s pilot Ara Zobayan was told the night before the fateful crash that there may be weather issues that could impact the flight.
Reportedly, the broker that arranged Kobe Bryant’s helicopter flight told the pilot that there could be weather issues, however Ara Zobayan in a text to the broker assured the broker and the drivers that the weather conditions
“should be ok”.
The texts were made public by the NTSB today (June 17).
An hour and a half after the text from Ara Zobayan, the helicopter crashed into a foggy hillside in Calabasas, California.
The texts along with 1,700 other pages are among the items found by federal regulators and were released to the public.


Previous Article
Next Article
Sugar Ray Leonard’s Son Arrested At Boxing Legend’s Home For Violating Restraining Order
Drake Says He’s Sticking By Kevin Durant, No Matter What
Former Cowboys Star Dez Bryant Puts Boxer Alycia Baumgardner On Blast For “Provoking” Claressa Shields Before Slap Incident
[UPDATE] Claressa Shields Banned From MVP Events After Slap Incident With Fellow Boxer Alycia Baumgardner + Alycia Threatens To Sue
Condolences: Memphis Grizzlies Player Brandon Clarke Passes Away At 29
Chef Milabelle, Woman Who Accused Stefon Diggs Of Assault, Tells Cardi B: “You Know Exactly Who He Really Is”
Stephen Curry Says He Doesn’t Focus On His $240M Net Worth: “That’s Not Something I Worry About”