Uncle Luke Reveals He Got Coronavirus After Being Peer Pressured To Go To A Party

Uncle Luke Reveals He Got Coronavirus After Being Peer Pressured To Go To A Party


Rap mogul Uncle Luke (real name, Luther Roderick Campbell), has revealed that he got coronavirus after being peer pressured to go to a friend’s birthday party. The 59-year-old rapper recently told the Miami New Times of his experience with COVID-19 and warns others to take the virus more seriously. Uncle Luke explained that he had been following the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) guidelines throughout the pandemic but gave into peer pressure and decided to attend a friend’s birthday party at a strip club. He wrote,

“Recently, I joined the ranks of the more than 1 million Floridians who’ve caught the coronavirus. Throughout the pandemic, I had been strictly adhering to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines, especially wearing a mask whenever I stepped out of my house. Then I gave in to the peer pressure of going out to a party.”

He continued,

“Last month, a friend celebrating his birthday at a local strip club would not stop blowing up my phone. He kept begging me to come. I told myself I would go in for 15 minutes and duck out.”


Uncle Luke

Uncle Luke went on to describe his experience at the strip club, and mentions that no one was wearing a mask or following any of the proper protocols.

“As soon as I walked through the doors, it was like stepping into a coronavirus-spreading chamber. Everybody was wildin’ out and getting drunk. Almost no one was wearing masks. My buddies were all up in my face. Patrons and strippers were walking up to me and asking to take selfies. Of course, I obliged when they asked me to take my mask off. Even though I felt like everyone in the club was an asymptomatic carrier, I stayed late.”

A few days after the party, Uncle Luke said he started to feel sick. After experiencing a dry cough, losing his appetite and his sense of smell and taste, he reached out to a COVID-19 home testing service. He revealed that the rapid test produced a false positive so he carried on as usual. However, soon after receiving his results, he started to feel worse.

“Soon, I had a fever and my temperature spiked to 102 degrees. I went to the hospital, where I had a second PCR test that came back positive. Because I wasn’t having trouble breathing, they sent me home and told me to quarantine for two weeks.”

Uncle Luke is doing much better now and has recovered from the Coronavirus. He is warning people to be careful and not make the same mistake he made. He suggests that if you go to a club or restaurant to wear a mask if you are not eating or drinking.

“If the establishment has too many people not following the protocols, don’t be afraid to go home and call it a night.”


We are glad to see that Uncle Luke has made a full recovery! What are your thoughts? Let us know in the comments below.

Authored by: Monique Nicole