Irv Gotti Says DMX Overdosed After ‘A Bad Dose Of Crack’ + Claims Rapper Tested Positive For COVID-19 Before He Died
On the WGCI Morning Show, co-host Kendra G asked Irv Gotti if he could recount what he was doing when he received news of DMX‘s untimely passing.
After describing how he was actually celebrating his son’s birthday at the time he got the news, Irv Gotti goes on to provide more information surrounding the day in question–including specific details surrounding DMX‘s passing. Gotti claimed:
“I kinda knew it was coming. Because the the family was like ‘he [is] braindead’ when they hooked him up to the ventilator. Because he had COVID, too.
Kenda G then briefly chimes in for clarification, referencing reports that denied the “PartyUp” rapper had COVID-19.
“They say he didn’t have COVID–so he really did have COVID?”
Gotti confirms, responding with:
“They said it was a bad dose of crack and they said some drug – fentanyl – was mixed in with the crack. And that’s what made him overdose. Then when he got to the hospital, he got diagnosed with COVID, and he couldn’t breathe.”
So that’s why he had to get hooked up to the ventilator. They said that before he [was hooked up], they [were] like ‘his brain died.’ And once they said that, I was like ‘I don’t wanna see X like that'”
While the circumstances surrounding his death are saddening, Gotti says that he does find some comfort in the fact that DMX is now in a better place. He states:
“…I’m just like ‘I know he’s with God.’ He was such a spiritually-connected person that all of the wrongdoings he may have done [are] gonna be forgiven if he’s with God. God is definitely gonna take them, and I just feel like he’s up there… he’s in a better place.”
What are your thoughts on Gotti’s revelations surrounding DMX’s death? Comment down below to let us know.