Gunshots Heard Near George Floyd Square On Anniversary Of Death
Gunshots Heard Near Floyd Square On Anniversary Of Death
Very alarming news. According to reports and footage, the Minneapolis intersection where George Floyd died was disrupted by gunfire Tuesday, just hours before it was to be the site of a festival marking the anniversary of his death at the hands of police.
Here is footage.
Gunshots Heard Near Floyd Square On Anniversary Of Death pic.twitter.com/uULsqv2QxT
— BACKUP ACCOUNT (@JasmineBrandTHE) May 25, 2021
In the clip, people are seen running and seeking cover as shots rang out. Police said a man later showed up at a nearby hospital with a gunshot wound. Authorities believe he was injured in the shooting at the square. He was in critical condition but was expected to survive.
Reportedly, as many as 30 gunshots were heard and a storefront window appeared to have been broken by a gunshots.
Callers told police that a vehicle was seen speeding away from the area.
As previously reported, George Floyd, who was Black, died on Memorial Day 2020 after now Ex Officer Derek Chauvin knelt on his neck, pinning him to the ground for about 9 1/2 minutes.
Chauvin, who is white, was convicted last month of murder and faces sentencing June 25. Three other fired officers still face trial. Floyd was 46.



Previous Article
Next Article
Florida Police Officer Accused Of Using Flock Cameras To Keep Tabs On His Estranged Wife More Than 700 Times
Jasmine Brand Brings 30 DC-Area Women Together For Intimate ‘CONNECT’ Brunch, Plans Multi-City Expansion
Woman Claims GLP-1 Weight Loss Drugs Caused Her To Lose Her Eyesight, Wants Warning Added To Labels
[Update] Atlanta Sisters Found Safe After Babysitter Allegedly Abducted Them-Mother Believes Woman Had Been ‘Plotting’ To Steal Her Kids
NAACP Joins Legal Team Representing Family Of Nolan Wells
Amber Alert Issued: Atlanta Police Say Babysitter Abducted Two Young Sisters
Condolences: Cambridge University’s Youngest Black Professor, Jason Arday, Found De@d At 41, Days After Resigning Amid Plagiarism Controversy
[UPDATE] Pageant Queen Says She’s Not At All’ Sorry After Losing Miss North Carolina USA Crown Over N-Word Use: ‘It’s Your First Amendment Right To Express Yourself