Donald Trump Banned From Facebook For 2 Years, He Reacts: Our Country Can’t Take This Abuse Anymore!
Facebook has decided to ban Donald Trump from the platform for two years.
The clock started on Jan. 7, 2021, when he was first banned for inciting violence on the capitol amid violence over his election loss. Earlier this year, Facebook’s oversight board ruled that the ban was proper, but gave the company six months to determine what to do next.
Under Facebook’s latest decision, Donald Trump, who was also banned from Twitter and YouTube, will not be allowed back on Facebook until January 2023. The social media brand said it would “reassess” the risk that his return could have on the public at that point. His ban, which includes Instagram, will also last through the 2022 midterm elections.
It released a statement earlier today (June 4th) and said,
“When the suspension is eventually lifted, there will be a strict set of rapidly escalating sanctions that will be triggered if Mr. Trump commits further violations in future, up to and including permanent removal of his pages and accounts.”
“In establishing the two year sanction for severe violations, we considered the need for it to be long enough to allow a safe period of time after the acts of incitement, to be significant enough to be a deterrent to Mr. Trump and others from committing such severe violations in future, and to be proportionate to the gravity of the violation itself.”
It also said it would no longer allow politicians to be exempt from rules and regulations.
Donald Trump was clearly upset about the decision and reacted in a statement,
“Facebook’s ruling is an insult to the record-setting 75 (million) people, plus many others, who voted for us in the 2020 Rigged Presidential Election. They shouldn’t be allowed to get away with this censoring and silencing, and ultimately, we will win. Our Country can’t take this abuse anymore!”
What are your thoughts on Facebook banning Donald Trump for two years? Let us know in the comments.