Jay-Z Found Not Liable In $68 Million Civil Lawsuit Brought On By Perfume Company
Jay-Z‘s lengthy legal battle with Parlux has come to a close!
As previously reported, Jay-Z (real name Shawn Carter) has been embroiled in a multi-million-dollar lawsuit with a perfume brand since 2016. The company–Parlux–claims Jay-Z violated their contract after allegedly being paid millions in royalties, supposedly resulting in hefty financial losses for the brand. However, Jay-Z–who notably referred to the company as “lazy and crappy”–countersued and said Parlux didn’t fulfill its own obligations within the business agreement.
Now, there has been an update to the legal matter. Yesterday (Wednesday, Nov. 10th), a jury reportedly came to the consensus that neither party should have to pay the other. Specifically, this ended up saving Jay-Z and Parlux from respectively having to pay $68 million and $2.7 million, and the case was essentially dismissed. The presiding judge summed up the matter by saying:
“You failed to prove your case, they failed to prove their case. That’s the outcome.”
After the ruling, Jay-Z was seen exiting the courtroom in high spirits–even sharing a brief, light-hearted exchange with one reporter. You can see the short video down below:
Jay Z's legal drama has come to an end. Asked whether he had 98 problems now, he said: pic.twitter.com/y1sjNAvKlU
— Victoria Bekiempis (@vicbekiempis) November 10, 2021
This development follows reports that Jay-Z recently received some helpful advice from the FBI. The agency reportedly warned the “Run This Town” rapper that an “imminent hack” was at risk of occurring on his email account and advised him to clear his emails.
What do you think about the situation? Share your thoughts by commenting down below to let us know!