Mike Tyson Cleared From Charges For Assaulting Airline Passenger
Fomer heavy-weight champ Mike Tyson will not face charges for punching a fellow first-class passenger while aboard a plane last month.
Reportedly, the San Mateo County District Attorney announced on Tuesday (May 10) that authorities will not file charges against Mike Tyson, 55, due to
“the circumstances surrounding the confrontation.”
On April 20, while at San Francisco International Airport on a JetBlue plane, Mike Tyson repeatedly punched airline passenger Melvin Townsend III in the face. Representatives for Tyson alleged the male passenger was harassing him and threw a water bottle at him while he was seated.
In regards to closing the case, District Attorney Stephen Wagstaffe said in a statement,
“These include the conduct of the victim leading up to the incident, the interaction between Mr. Tyson and the victim, as well as the requests of both the victim and Mr. Tyson that no charges be filed in this case.”
According to reports, authorities previously said that the victim had provided minimum details about the incident and refused to cooperate with the investigation.
What are your thoughts on Mike Tyson’s charges getting dropped? Tell us below!