Tory Lanez’s Legal Team Accuses Megan Thee Stallion Of Being Responsible For “Leaks” Following Gayle King Interview

Tory Lanez, Megan Thee Stallion
Tory Lanez’s Legal Team Accuses Megan Thee Stallion Of Being Responsible For “Leaks” Following Gayle King Interview
Rapper Tory Lanez appeared in court recently for his ongoing assault charge brought by Megan Thee Stallion.
In the newest court hearing, it was revealed that prosecutors are investigating “leaks” that could potentially compromise the case. Megan Thee Stallion, 27, is suing her fellow rapper for allegedly shooting her in the foot back in July of 2020. Canadian artist Tory Lanez, 29, has maintained his innocence on the matter.
A reporter present for the court session, held earlier today (June 9th) took to twitter about the case, writing:
“It was supposed to be simple scheduling hearing, but prosecutor raised issue of more alleged “leaks” of discovery, said she’s “trying to ascertain source.” Tory’s lawyer was adamant any leaks are not coming from her “watermarked” discovery, said Tory declined discovery to be safe”

Previously, it was speculated that Tory’s camp was prematurely sharing private case details. Accusations flew around after media personality DJ Akademiks incorrectly reported the rap stars DNA was not found on the weapon. Akademiks comments began one of a few full on social media blow-ups between Megan and Tory. Subsequently, Tory was arrested and released for breaking the restraining order agreement, where he was told not to address Megan directly.

Megan Thee Stallion

Tory Lanez
The reporter at the hearing continued, stating that Tory’s team believes Megan’s CBS interview with Gayle King “upped the [leak] ante”. She wrote:
“Tory’s lawyer, Shawn Holley, said Megan “upped the ante” by speaking to Gayle King on CBS. She says Tory rebuffed calls from CBS producers, asking for rebuttal interview. Tory ordered back July 28. Trial date Sept. 14.”

Speaking with Gayle, Megan emotionally detailed the alleged incident. The rap artist stated the night escalated quickly, and claims Tory shouted ‘dance b**ch’ before allegedly firing off a few rounds. One bullet, according to Megan, struck her foot – causing her to limp around as police arrived to the scene.
Reportedly, CBS offered Tory the opportunity to rebuttal Megan’s claims, but the musician allegedly refused. Tory is due back in court on July 28th for another pre-trial session. However the case will not be heard by a jury until mid September.
[VIA]
What are your thoughts about which side may be leaking info? Let us know in the comments.
Previous Article
Next Article
Lizzo Trends On Twitter As Fans Question Why She Doesn’t Get Same Type Of Love As Jill Scott
Made In America Festival Postponed Until 2021
August Alsina’s Suspected Boyfriend Rumored To Be His Brother
Megan Thee Stallion Granted Deposition Orders In Lawsuit Against 1501 Certified Entertainment’s Carl Crawford & J. Prince
Lil Fizz Publicly Apologizes To Omarion For Causing ‘Turmoil & Dysfunction’ By Dating His Ex Apryl Jones
Kevin Gates Banned From Louisiana Department of Corrections After Photos Shows Him Flaunting Cash Inside Facility
Jacquees Teases “Quemix” To Summer Walker’s Single “Playing Games”
Drake & Popular Podcaster Bobbi Althoff Rumored To Have Had Romantic Fling Following Now-Deleted Viral Interview, Influencer Denies Hookup & Says She Didn’t Want To Do The Episode ‘In The First Place’