Rick Ross Says He Was Denied Entry Into Buckingham Palace: I Didn’t Get To Sit At The Table
There may not be a lot of places Rick Ross (real name William Leonard Roberts II) can’t get into, but it looks like Buckingham Palace is one of them.
The “Hustlin'” rapper recently took to Instagram to detail his experience of not making it past the front gates of the palace, which houses Queen Elizabeth II, 96. But he did receive a food recommendation, so everything’s all good.
Rick Ross said,
“Alright, y’all saw me go to Buckingham Palace. I pulled the homie to the side and told him who I was—of course the biggest boss. And, uh, for one of the fist times in a long time that didn’t get me in. I didn’t get through the gates. I didn’t get to sit at the table. But what he did do was refer me to a spot, and he said they’ll be waiting on me. And he said I can pick the lobster that I wanted to eat. So, I forgave him.”
Rick Ross isn’t the first celebrity to not make it passed the palace’s luxurious gates.
Reality TV star Kim Kardashian, 41, was denied entry into Queen Elizabeth II‘s high-profile Platinum Jubilee ceremony while traveling the U.K. with boyfriend Pete Davidson, 28. The royal event, celebrating The Queen’s 70 years of public service, is open to thousands of U.K. residents.
Buckingham Palace is, in fact, open to tourists, but it looks like tickets have to be purchased through its website—even if you’re Rick Ross. The luxurious quarters are available to view for 10 weeks out of the year, from July 22 to October 2, for the price of €30.00 ($30.51 USD) for adults and €16.50 ($16.78 USD) for children.
Buckingham Palace has previously come under fire for claims of discrimination against BIPOC and foreigners.
What are your thoughts on the entire situation? Let us know in the comments!