The Fugees’ Reunion Tour Was Reportedly Cancelled Due To Pras Michel’s Federal Money Laundering Charges

The Fugees’ Reunion Tour Was Reportedly Cancelled Due To Pras Michel’s Federal Money Laundering Charges
The Fugees’ Reunion tour, in honor of the The Score‘s 25th anniversary, was reportedly cancelled because of Pras Michel’s federal money laundering charges!
According to reports, the Grammy Award-winning MC’s legal troubles made it impossible for The Fugees reunion tour to continue as he has been banned by the Justice Department from leaving the United States. The legendary Hip Hop group performed just one date in New York City last year before pulling the plug.

In 2019, Pras Michel pleaded not guilty to federal charges of conspiracy and falsifying records stemming from his alleged role in a Malaysian wealth fund’s campaign finance violations. He was among those who the Justice Department said were tied to fugitive businessman, Jho Low and 1MDB– a wealth fund tasked with promoting economic development in Malaysia. Pras was allegedly paid anywhere from $8 to $40 million for his role in assisting Jho Low, who’s accused of stealing from the $4.5 billion “slush fund.”
As previously reported, Pras was also hit with additional charges in 2021 for allegedly attempting to lobby the Trump administration into dropping its investigation into Low and the 1MDB fund, while simultaneously lobbying for the Justice Department to return billionaire Guo Wengui to China. The Fugees member was also reportedly offered another $75 million if he managed to put a stop to the Department of Justice’s investigation into the 1MDB scandal.
Fugees announced they were canceling the remaining 11 dates of the tour in January, however, they blamed it on the COVID-19 pandemic. At the time, they said:
“We anticipate and understand disappointment but our anniversary tour will not be able to happen. The continued Covid pandemic has made touring conditions difficult, and we want to make sure we keep our fans and ourselves healthy and safe. An idea sparked to honor and celebrate this 25th anniversary of The Score, but we see now it may not currently be our time for revisiting this past work.”
Pras reportedly rejected a plea deal that would’ve have required him to plead guilty to an obstruction of justice charge along with a 16-month prison sentence and financial retribution to Malaysia.
If convicted, Pras Michel could face up to 20 years in prison. He is due back in court in Washington, D.C. on November 4.
Previous Article
Next Article
Lil’ Kim To Celebrate Iconic ‘Hard Core’ Album With One-Night-Only Orchestral Concert In Brooklyn
Trial In Case Where Yella Beezy Is Accused Of Paying To Have Rapper MO3 K*lled Set To Begin
Quality Control Music Co-Founder Pierre ‘P’ Thomas Hospitalized In ICU After Suffering Heart Attack
Singer Melanie Fiona Warns Fans Not To Confuse Artist’s TV Appearances w/ Wealth: ‘They Paid To Be There’
Rapper Lupe Fiasco Says Renters Gets Too Much Hate: ‘Some People Aren’t Built For Ownership’
Reginae Carter Says Dad Lil Wayne ‘Can’t Stop Nothing’ After Fans Threaten To Snitch Over Pole Dancing Video: ‘Imma Live My Grown A** Life!’
Family Of Go-Go Legend Chuck Brown Pulls Support For Annual D.C. Day Honoring Him Over Alleged Lack Of Communication & Professionalism’ From Event Organizers
Biggie’s Son Claims Grandmother’s Will Was Altered Days Before Her De@th, Cutting Out Grandkids