50 Cent Parts Ways From Starz After Previously Threatening To Leave The Network, Says Sept. 17 Is The ‘Official Day Of Really Owning’ His Content

50 Cent Parts Ways From Starz After Previously Threatening To Leave The Network, Says Sept. 17 Is The ‘Official Day Of Really Owning’ His Content

50 Cent has called it quits with Starz.

50 Cent

On Saturday (Sept. 17), rapper 50 Cent took to Instagram to share a picture of a calendar with the 17th of September circled. 50 Cent, born Curtis James Jackson III, indicated that that was his final day being a part of Starz’ network. The “In Da Club” rapper wrote:

“09-17-22 official day of really owning my content & deciding where and how i do it moving forward!!! GLG GreenLightGang bulls eye we don’t miss BOOM #bransoncognac#lecheminduroi

As previously reported, 50 Cent hasn’t been too pleased with Starz lately. Back in March, the actor claimed that he was over his work relationship with the network in a series of Instagram posts. He said:

“This is me packing my stuff, STARZ. Sucks, my deal is up over here I’m out. They renewed High Town, and FORCE is the highest rated show they have sitting in limbo. If I told you how much dumb sh*t I deal with over here, you would think they all went to school on a small yellow bus.”

In another post he shared:

“Hold my calls i’m traveling, getting the f*ck away from STARZ.”

He continued:

“Anil get your f*ck*ng bag’s in the car now, we are out of here, take that f*ck*ng sign of the door no more G-unit film and television over here… Josh hurry the f*ck up, get all the scripts we out!”

He added:

“Michael what the f**k are you taking so long for, let’s go! Why are you folding all of your clothing so perfect, we can just get new clothes when we get where we going.”

The “Power” creator also previously took to Instagram to address the issues he’s been having with the network following the conclusion of  Power Book IV: Force Season 1.

The Queens native was upset that he woudln’t have a show on the network for six months and urged subscribers to cancel their memberships. He re-posted a video from radio host DJ Pharris, where DJ Pharris asked listeners to get rid of Starz. He said:

“I know you saw the last episode of Tommy [Egan]. You saw ‘Force’ right? That’s it. It’s over. It’s a wrap, so check it out. No 50 on Starz for six months, so we’re shutting it down. No Starz for six months. That’s right you heard me. No Starz for six months till 50 come back. When ‘BMF’, Tariq [St. Patrick of ‘Power Book II: Ghost’], Tommy, and all that come back, that’s when we come back. See y’all in six months.”

50 cent captioned the post:

“Somebody made a big mistake, but let’s just act like we don’t see it Chicago.” 


What are your thoughts on 50 Cent calling it quits with Starz? Share it with us in the comments below.

[VIA]

Authored by: Tsai-Ann Hill