Young Dolph’s Life Partner Speaks On Gun Violence Amid Takeoff’s Death: How Many Black Men Have To Die Before Something Different Takes Place

Young Dolph’s Life Partner Speaks On Gun Violence Amid Takeoff’s Death: How Many Black Men Have To Die Before Something Different Takes Place
Young Dolph’s partner and mother of his children, Mia Jaye, is speaking out following the tragic death of Takeoff.
On Tuesday (Nov. 1), Mia Jaye took to Instagram and reposted a message from A&R executive Dre Hunter on gun violence in the Hip-Hop community following Takeoff’s death.
The message reads:
“First off, I send my condolences to the family and friends of Takeoff.. This has triggered me in a way that I can’t even explain and I’m disappointed in our people and our culture for continuing to feed in to negative stereotypes. I will no longer participate in creating music that push any negative agenda’s to the Black Youth. I will no longer write or produce anything that harms Black people.”

Mia Jaye
Mia then added a message of her own, questioning if people in the music industry would be willing to take a stand against gun violence in rap culture.
She wrote:
“I wonder how many artists, producers, music execs, videographers etc., who influence our culture through music and art be willing to take this type of stand?”

A couple of hours later, Mia returned with another post, expressing that she is tired of seeing young black men in Hip-Hop being gunned down.
She said,
” I am mentally, emotionally, and physically drained… I am tired of the same ole sh*t…like how many black men have to die before something different takes place..”
She added,
“Peace, blessings, and sincere prayers to TakeOffs family…my heart throbs for you and us all.”

As previously reported, Takeoff, one-third of the Migos group, was shot and killed early Tuesday (Nov.1) morning in Houston, Texas. He was only 28 years old.
The shooting reportedly happened during a dice game in which group member, Quavo was also present. Footage of the aftermath of the shooting made its way to social media, showing Quavo trying to help Takeoff. Reportedly, as many as two other people were also shot, and they were taken to a hospital. It’s unclear what their conditions are. Quavo was not injured.

Offset, Quavo, Takeoff circa 2016
Takeoff’s murder comes nearly a year after Memphis rapper Young Dolph was gunned down in his hometown. The “Case Closed” rapper was only 36 at the time of his passing. According to Young Dolph’s autopsy report, he was shot a total of 22 times. Earlier this year, Justin Johnson, 23, and Cornelius Smith, 32, were named as wanted suspects for their alleged involvement with Young Dolph’s death. On January 11, reports surfaced that both men were in police custody.

Young Dolph
Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with the loved ones of Takeoff during this difficult time.
[VIA]
Previous Article
Next Article
NBA YoungBoy On Mission To Stay Sober, Says He Flushed Dr*gs Down Toilet
Blueface’s Dad Congratulates Him On Newborn Son, Says Baby Porter Jr. ‘Came Out Packing
JT Reveals She’s Learning How To DJ-Says She Understands Why They ‘Ignore The F*ck’ Out Of Song Requests
Tupac Shakur’s Family Was Leaving Duane ‘Keefe D’ Davis’ M*rder Trial When G*nfire Was Reported Near Las Vegas Courthouse
Solange Knowles Shares Emotional Tribute To “Bring It On: All Or Nothing” Co-Star Hayden Panettiere: The Light Surrounds You Now
Megan Thee Stallion & Sasha Obama Reportedly Become ‘Besties’ During Martha’s Vineyard Hangout
Blueface Calls Out DDG For Skipping His Baby Shower, Says Friendship Changed After Prison Stint: Now He’s Doing Weird Sh*t’
French Montana Connects With Aliko Dangote, The Richest Man In Africa, Asks Fans What They’d Ask The Nigerian Businessman