Tory Lanez Shares Cryptic ‘Last Tweet’ Amid Trial For Alleged Shooting Involving Megan Thee Stallion: No Weapon Formed Against Me Shall Prosper
Tory Lanez (real name Daystar Peterson) is speaking out for the last time.
The Canadian rapper took to Twitter on Wednesday (Dec. 7) to share a cryptic tweet, which comes just as his trial begins for the alleged shooting of Megan Thee Stallion.
Tory Lanez said,
“I’m going to leave this here one more time …and watch how it ages … NO WEAPON FORMED AGAINST ME SHALL PROSPER … AND EVERY TONGUE THAT RISES AGAINST ME IN JUDGEMENT SHALL BE CONDEMNED u sit and watch now …. And don’t ever question the GOD I serve again . This is my last tweet”
In response to his message, one Twitter user said,
“Oh wait… he tryna tell us something. She tried to use the weapon against him and shot herself???…”
According to another user,
“……… you seem very upset for someone who claim the truth is on his side. When God got you, you dont carry on like this lol”
Another user added,
“he doesn’t even make good enough music for y’all to d*ckride him this hard… especially when he literally did shoot her like there’s no denying it so why are you dying on this hill for… tory lanez”
According to another Twitter user,
“You working overtime to gaslight but just like with OJ and R Kelly’s 2008 acquittal, we know acquittal doesn’t mean innocence.”
Tory Lanez is accused of shooting Megan Thee Stallion in the foot while the two were together in the Hollywood Hills neighborhood at about 4:30 a.m. on July 12, 2020. He was initially charged with two counts of assault with a semiautomatic weapon and carrying a loaded, unregistered weapon inside a moving vehicle.
He’s had his fair share of run-ins with the courts since then. In fact, he was recently taken off house arrest.
As previously reported, a judge placed the Chixtape artist under house arrest. The move came after Tory allegedly punched fellow singer/rapper August Alsina in an elevator for refusing to shake his hand. Following the occurrence, August Alsina recounted the event on his Instagram page, where he posted a photo of the bloody wounds seemingly inflicted by Tory.
A judge recently ruled that Tory could have his ankle monitor removed ahead of his trial against Megan Thee Stallion.
Tory has also now been hit with a third felony charge in connection to the Megan shooting. Prosecutors added the new charge of using a firearm negligently on Monday (Dec. 5).
The opening statements in the trial are scheduled to take place on Dec. 12, according to reports. Tory gave the court judge his list of potential defense witnesses. The “Say It” singer reportedly intends to call reality TV star Kylie Jenner and her mother’s boyfriend Corey Gamble as witnesses. According to Tory’s legal team, the dispute that led to the incident that night began at Kylie Jenner’s pool party in Los Angeles, which Corey Gamble also attended.
What are your thoughts on the entire situation? Let us know in the comments!