Travis Scott Facing Possible Lawsuit After Grabbing & Tossing Fan’s Phone, Minutes Before Allegedly Assaulting Sound Engineer
Travis Scott is being accused — yet again — of physically assaulting someone.
According to new reports, minutes before the “Sicko Mode” rapper allegedly punched a sound engineer in his face in Club Nebula in New York City, he was accused of snatching a fan’s phone and tossing it.
Apparently, Travis Scott, real name Jacques Webster II, threw the phone because he didn’t appreciate the man filming him while inside the establishment. Unfortunately for the rapper, the fan is claiming the phone hit him in the head, resulting in a cracked screen. According to the alleged victim, to rectify the problem the club offered his table a free bottle of liquor, but he declined. He has since secured a lawyer and reportedly has plans to file a civil lawsuit.
Travis Scott seemed to be a problem starter early Wednesday (Mar. 1). As previously reported, NYPD responded to a call alleging the rapper punched a sound engineer in the face before destroying up to $12,000 in video and speaker equipment after a minor disagreement. The sound engineer, using the pseudonym Mark, spoke out against the artist from a New Jersey hospital. In a recent interview with a local news station, he said:
“I was trying to tell him to lower it [the volume] so it sounded good for the performance. He just stuck his middle finger in my face so I lowered the monitor a little bit so I could talk to him and that’s when he ran around the speaker and attacked me.”
Detailing the injuries he received, Mark continued:
“Obviously my neck is f*ck*d up. My arm is tingly I have pins and needles going down it.”
“People who are trying to help you sound the best you could, there were fans there trying to take pictures. You were throwing their phones. These are people who respect you. Maybe you should calm down.”
The 31-year-old’s lawyer, Mitchell Schuster, released a statement claiming the father of two, who he shares with ex-girlfriend Kylie Jenner, is “actively working with the venue and law enforcement” to rectify the situation. Mitchell Schuster said:
“While this is clearly a misunderstanding being blown out of proportion by clickbait and misinformation, we are actively working with the venue and law enforcement to resolve and set the record straight. We are confident our client will be cleared of any wrongdoing.”
What are your thoughts on Travis Scott possibly facing a lawsuit after throwing a fan’s phone in the club? Tell us below.