Miami Dolphins Cut Mark Walton Following Arrest For Allegedly Punching Woman Who Is Pregnant With His Child

Miami Dolphins Cut Mark Walton Following Arrest For Assaulting His Pregnant Baby Mama
The Miami Dolphins have announced the release of running back Mark Walton, 22, after he was arrested on Tuesday (Nov. 19th) morning on a charge of aggravated battery of a pregnant woman, according to reports. The former Dolphins player allegedly shoved the woman into a wall. The 200 pound NFL player reportedly punched her several times in the face. The Dolphins quickly took to Twitter on Tuesday with a statement on Walton’s arrest. In the beginning of their statement, the team calls the altercation an “police matter.”
“We were made aware of a police matter earlier this morning regarding Mark Walton. We hold our players to a high standard and take these matter very seriously. we will have no further comment at this time.”

Walton was arrested at 4:15 a.m. ET in Davie, Florida. According to reports, Walton punched the woman to the point of authorities on scene observing swelling to the woman’s left eye. The woman is allegedly his girlfriend and is five weeks pregnant with Walton’s unborn child. Reportedly, Walton was made aware of the pregnancy 48 hours prior to the assault. Walton is currently being booked into Broward County jail. Walton’s attorney Michael A. Gottlieb tells The Sun-Sentinel,
“I think it’s an unfortunate situation. It’s obviously in the very early stages, and we’re looking for a favorable outcome.”

Walton has had a number of off the field issues. Walton pleaded guilty to resisting arrest and reckless driving and had a misdemeanor marijuana charge dismissed from that March arrest. As a part of the deal, Walton also had a drug charge from a January arrest and a battery charge from a February arrest dismissed.
In addition, Walton was through two games of a four-game league suspension for violating the NFL conduct and substance abuse policy relating to his three offseason arrests from the beginning of the year. He was released by the Cincinnati Bengals after these arrests, and the Dolphins signed him in May. Walton said in a statement after his suspension,
“I want to apologize to the Miami Dolphins, the fans, my friends and family and I take full responsibility for my actions. I want to thank the Dolphins for giving me this opportunity and will make the most of this chance as a person and player when I return.”
Walton, a 2018 fourth-round pick out of the University of Miami, leads the Dolphins with 201 rushing yards on a 3.8 yards-per-carry average.
What are your thoughts? Let us know in the comments!
Previous Article
Next Article
Brittney Griner Seemingly Unsure If She’ll Return To The WNBA Following Prison Release: She’s Reintegrating Into A World That Has Changed For Her, Agent Says
Lakers New Head Coach JJ Redick Denies Calling Woman The N-Word
NBA’s Draymond Green Slams Caucasian Ref After Technical Foul: ‘As a Black Man in America, Don’t Put Your Hand in My Face’
Professional Boxer Ryan Garcia Claims To ‘Identify As A Woman’ In Post Accusing Opponent Devin Haney Of A ‘Hate Crime’ For Shoving During Heated Staredown
Former NBA Star Stephen Jackson Was Close Friends w/ Minnesota Man Who Died After Being Pinned Down By Police
Deion Sanders’ Daughter Deiondra Shares Sweet & Funny Message From Her Baby Boy, Praising His Grandpa After Bladder Removal Surgery
Skip Bayless Issues Apology For Controversial Tweet Questioning NFL’s Decision To End The Game After Damar Hamlin Suffered Cardiac Arrest On Field: Nothing Is More Important Than That Young Man’s Health
NBA Star Anthony Edwards Claims Baby Mama Ayesha Howard Is Stalling Custody Agreement Until He Pays $500K & Issues Public Apology